also can you set it up so as soon as you get in the plane you are in mid air
thanks
markyr
newbee 😕

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

The best ways to do this is to select your sea plane first.

Choose or go to an airport which puts your sea plane in the water, then go to menu [File] save flight, give it a name (e.g. my sea plane) tick option to make this your default flight. Now each time you start up Flight Sim you will be in you sea plane and on the water.

As for having your plane in the air, fly you plane to around 800 feet and save it in mid flight, but I am sure you will find the first option better as you will miss out on the challanging part of a flight, the take off.

Good luck

markyr Guest

thanks
but what airport sets you in the water to start with
that is th problem

regards

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 I dont know of a sea airport?
But if you start off from a land based airport/field and fly or slew to where you want to be your base then save the flight (make a note of the nearest airport/field and use that as your starting point, and Fs9 will ask Do you want to move to the depart point.....answer no) Now after take off and you will be able to select the vfr flight from the atc menu

Im sure there must be some where (try Alaska) for sea planes.......anybody?

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

Seaplane stations are indicated on sectional charts by an "anchor" symbol. Simply choose one of them and let FS "place" your seaplane in the water at that seaplane station.

One such seaplane station is on the Chicago sectional chart. It is Quams Marina, about 10 miles south of Madison, Wisconsin. It is 843 feet above sea level and has a 15,000 foot water "runway". It has "unicom" on 122.9 MHz. The airport identification code is "99C".

I tried it with the Cessna Caravan seaplane, and the plane was "bobbing" around in the water due to wave action.

Glenn 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...