Ultimate Terrain USA

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Has anyone tried this yet?
Is it any good?
I did download it, but it will not install. Now I'm thinking that I am glad I haven't paid for it yet.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

Hi Jelami

Can U tell more about it? I purchased MegaScenery North West
and I have to say that it is a bit disappointing. The view is quite impressive but the load time with every flight is 3-4 minutes so after a while U get tired with. They have some tips and software to speed up the load time and I followed the tips and purchased the extra software (megabooster) and still load time 3-4 minutes.
So I would like to learn about your opinion about Ultimate Terrain US

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Is this it?
http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utusa

You downloaded it, you didn't install it. It won't let you install it untill you buy it. It looks like pretty good senery, and it say it covers most of the USA. The scren shots look nice. As long as you have at least these system requirments you should be good to go:

we recommend you have a 1.6 GHz machine, with a 128 Mb memory video card. System memory should be a minimum of 512. 2.6 GB of Hard Drive space is required for installation.

MSDavies Guest

I have Ultimate Terrain US. It's quite a good package, overall. One caveat: During the installation routine, Ultimate Terrain US assigns itself the highest priority slots in your scenery library, so if you have any photoscenery packages installed, you need to ensure that they are layered above Ultimate Terrain US.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I installed a few hours ago. Taking care to give my MegaScenery2004 Southern California priority after the installation, Ultimate Terrain USA worked as described. It does seem to take a bit more processing time when changing views, but it didn't make anything unuseable. It is nice to see real roads, even in the boondocks. I flew over some areas or rural Arizona I am familiar with and was amazed to fine roads where they should be. Heck, even the larger dirt roads are visible.

The only fault I could find is that dry washes in the Arizona desert look too much like rivers. However rivers and lakes now look more as they should be and no longer have that dufus tan strip around them.

I haven't tinkered with settings yet, but I did test with some payware planes. The FeelThere Cessna Grand Caravan and the CaptainSim Legendery 727. The computer used is a Dell Dimension 3000 with a 2.8GHz P4 & 512MB RAM. On board Intel Extreme 3D (128MB shared) and on board sound card. At 10,000 ft my frame rate from the spot plane view was running 18-19 with occasional hiccups. I have the FR locked at 20.

I too installed UT USA but I do not see it listed on the scenery priorities..I mainly fly the Miami area and have the FFL Florida secnery also. I am getting weird roads that go nowhere, bridges by themselves, etc..Anyone out there have t his same problem?

Pro Member Chief Captain

If it is actually installed, it should appear in your scenery list. I am assuming you actually purchased it.

CrashGordon wrote:

I am assuming you actually purchased it.

Dude, what are you implying?

Your statement is a bit out of line...

Anyone else out there that has the same situation I do?
It isn't showing on the senery list...Period.

BTW, I P A I D $ 34.90 just like everyone else..

Pro Member Chief Captain

I wasn't implying anything. I've installed a bunch of things recently. Some you pay for and then download and others have the payment process in the installer. I didn't have time to check which method this package used.

Is your FS in the default location? Does the folder UTUSA exist in its scenery folder?

By the way, the next time I'm addressed as "Dude", I won't bother to reply.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...