downloads

jay1 Guest

I am new to flight simming. While flying, I always here other planes getting told to go to a certain heading and expect vectors ILS and the runway number when they are landing. For me, this does not happen. Do I need to download this ? If so, could someone point me in the right direction. would be greatly appreciated.

Email is...j_campbell00@hotmail.com

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

When you press the ~ key you get ATC. They give you a selection, you have to choose your airport and keep choosing (pressing the numbers of your choice from the opaque menu they put up on your screen) so they know you are there. Then they will say your tail number (identify you) and follow their instructions.
The way your doing it now, your just listening not participating with ATC.

I'm far from an expert, I hope someone will come along and describe it carefully to you.

Enjoy!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Prior to take off or any time durring the flight you can file an IFR flight plan. The controlers will then track your flight. Help you stay on course and then when you are approaching your destination give you vectors to the active runway etc.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...