How to take off....

Pro Member Trainee
CoasterXtreme Trainee

Is there any website that explains how to take off in certain planes? When I tried taking off in a boeing 747 i end up having smoke come out of the engines or I don't get off the ground until i get to the very end of the runway. I need to know how much to put the throttle too at what point for various planes...

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if this helps. If it's the default aircraft there is a good web-link in the folder.

http://www.salasnet.com/fs/b747doc/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Throttle should be at around 90-100% depending on the conditions with 5-20 degrees of flaps depending on the aircraft. For example, for a 737 in normaly conditions use 5 degrees flaps for a 747 use 10 or 20 depending on the weight. Look through the kneeboard and learning centre for more information. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

i find that you don`t need as much runway if the flaps on a boeing 737 are at 15%

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Yeah, but you shouldn't take off in a 737 with flaps 15. Normally, flaps should be at 5 or 10.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

but the game taught me to put thrust on 50 and flaps on 15% but oh well i believe you guys better

Pro Member Chief Captain

You shouldn't pay too much attention about what I said about that because I'm not too sure. I don't fly Boeing too much. But I guess I'm right.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well in the 737 it all depends on the load. You can take off with flaps 25! It all depends on weight, temperature, runway length, airport elevation, and runway condition. These are all factiors in how much thrust to use and the flaps setting.

Pro Member Chief Captain

That's what I was thinking about.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

When it told you thrust at 50, it was only to allow the engines to stableize (how the hell is that spelled?) Then you run them up to around 88-95% for takeoff

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...