Problem starting sim 2004

Hi!! Whe i finish installing the sim then i go and click the icon to start the simulator but this appers: couldnt find MSVCR70.dll. reinstaling the program may sove the problems?? What could be the problem.

Thanks

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

It is possible that something did not install properly, try shuting down everything involving your virus protection and reinstall. Also, don't try multitasking, let the install run cleanly.
Good luck 😀

It doesent works i installed it again and the same problem happens.Soemone knows what is this file MSVCR70.dll.?Can i download it from somewhere??

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Take a look Read at this thread about the same thing.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/5554/msvcr70dll-error/

Download
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr70

It goes in C:\Windows\System32\ on Windows XP

Remember that in case you have to delete it, your playing with your OS, you could cause a problem, be careful and back-up folders.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Radarman thans for the reply! I add the file to system 32 but now anothr error :Couldnt load Language resource DLL
Error code0x7e(126)
Program is aborting!

Well now i solved the language problem but another probles shoes up Mad

The terrain .cfg file is missin or damaged, flight simulator will run but some terrain may not display correctly. The same thing hapens with scenery...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Are these original disks, if so they sound as if they may be scratched or just dirty.

Radar

Radarmn thanks for your time!!! Yes the discs are original,i cleaned them and installed it again. It asked me for the MCVCR70.dll. file so i downloaded it from the net ant put it in system 32 now it works!! 😀

Thanks again!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Fantastic, I'm glad that you have it working now. Thank you for letting us know, it'll help others if they have that problem.
It seems to come up occasionally and you seem to be the only one that told us it worked.

Radar

united020 Guest

Hi everyone, I cannot load mfs2004 because i am missing langauge.dll anyone help me? plz!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

language.dll
At the bottom of this page it seems to have a modified version of that .dll

http://www.fsplanet.com/05102004.htm

Finding (on the net) the one that belongs to the flight sim is not an easy thing to do.
See if you can either pick it off the original disk or load the sim on top of itself.

Radar

united020 Guest

Thanks but how would I;

'pick it off the original disk or load the sim on top of itself'

united020 Guest

Thanks for your help, problem solved! thanks again 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ha, glad it's ok, I just put mine for download to you.
http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0BG5FI6T9GU7R36UHYXUDOFFX8

Radar

united020 Guest

now im missing scenery.cfg! whats wrong with my game!!! arh!!!!! Mad anyone help plz?

united020 Guest

everytime i turn my computer off mfs2004 uninstalls itself!!! why???

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It can't uninstall itself, not that I've ever heard.
If I had as many problems with it right now as you are having I would do a clean install of Windows and start fresh with FS9.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...