Delete and Reinstall FS2004

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

Since I lost most of my panels, and lately a large majority of my sound, I am going to remove FS2004 in anticipation of a reinstall.

I have pulled a few of my favorite downloaded a/c into a seperate folder, but I figure I'll lose their guages and effects, but at least I'll know their names to search for them again.

What I am conerned about losing the most is the addon scenery like runway/taxiway graphics, because I think I downloaded lots and lots of these, but oh well, I'll just have to find them again.

Any suggestions to this process that I may be missing? Is it possible to save my logbook? I finally got it working again, I don't want to lose the big flights I've done since then.

Thanks!

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Everything you download goes somewhere.Do you tell it where to save files?
The easy way of backing up your fs files is to create a fs d/load folder,and in there you could make folders for panels,scenery and anything else,then you know where they all are

I cant remember the default save file as I have created folders for everything,music video programs ,A/V ect.ect 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

While it won't help much this time, in the future, you might want to consider keeping your downloads is a specific directory (or burning them on a CD-ROM). That way, if disaster strikes, you don't have to download all of them again.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...