Realistic stick action

B_Smurf Guest

Is there an option somewhere for getting the joystick/yoke to act like it does in a real aircraft?

If I move the stick left - the plane moves left. When I move it back to center - the plane continues turning left. To get it to straighten out I have to do a right turn. 😞

What I want is when I bring the stick back to center the plane should stop turning.

I though I saw an option for this but I'm having no luck in finding it.

Rick

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Please excuse my ignorance, I thought aircraft did steer that way. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

There should be a slight veer towards the left (I think) in propeller aircraft due to the direction they spin. Otherwise try re-calibrating your joystick.

Let us know how you get on 😉

Andy2005 Guest

I always thought that you had to move the yoke back to the right to return the plane to the centre in real life??

B_Smurf Guest

When you bring the stick back to center a real plane stops turning.

What I have to do now is move the stick past center to the right and when the turn starts move the stick to the center. This is not the way an airplane works. 😞

Rick

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

B_Smurf wrote:

When you bring the stick back to center a real plane stops turning.

Rick

Without going into the laws of physics and aircraft design you are both right and wrong. Some aircraft by their design will return to level flight and others won't.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

yes iI agree it depends on the aircraft size and weather it is jet or prop.

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

I guess that you could say that the aircraft shouldn't level out if you put the yoke back to center: IF you turn to the left, you are putting more lift on the right wing and less lift on the left wing. If you don't put the yoke back at the center, the plane will continue to have more bank. If you put the yoke back at center, the lift on both wings will be equal, so it should stay at the last position you left it in. I am also under the impression (this by the way, is told in the MSFS lessons) that if you turn and u put the yoke back at center, the plane will continue turning.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Blake, you're correct. The aircraft will slowly level out a bit, but you do have to put counter-turn in to completely level it out.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

If you have the plane trimed for level flight, and you roll the plane to the right and add some rudder, if the plane is stable it should stay in the turn after you move the stick to the center. Until you move the stick left and center the rudder the plane will keep in the turn.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...