autopilot flies the ILS approach

gazpode_l Guest

I am struggling to nail an approach using the APR button on the autopilot, which often wrestles the controls sending me left then right and all over the place finisihing on the grass, even then I sometimes have to setup the glideslope using the ALT autopilot command.

PLS HELP or direct me to another post i can read! 😞

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Here are some guides:
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8024/how-to-land-with-gps/
www.navfltsm.addr.com

It sounds like what you're doing is engaging the AP too early. The AP in FS9 over compensates a lot meaning that it'll take you off approach by dramatically turning which doesn't really help. You need to line yourself up manually and then about 10-15 nms away from the airport engage the APP button. Let us know how you get on 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

I let the autopilot fly the approach most of the time. I have the plane on autopilot for most of the flight, and just leave it on. When I get near the airport I use the "heading bug" with the autopilot. I keep it on "hdg" until I have the plane fairly well lined up with the runway. Then I switch the autopilot to "approach" and let the AP fly the approach. A lot of times I let the AP land the aircraft. Unforunately the AP does not "flare" before touching the runway, so the plane will bounce once. After the unwanted bounce the plane will stay down-- then I use reverse thrust and brakes.

I only fly airplanes with propellers--so I don't know if it can be done that way flying jets. 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...