My Prediction

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

Delta files for bankruptcy within 3 days and Northwest follows shortly behind them.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

ATA's pilots were just authorized to go on strike (although they havn't officially yet).

So what happens if all the airlines go bankrupt? We can't just cancel all the debts and start afresh (although that would be some revolution!), but the airline industry certainly can't progress if everyone operates under red-ink status...

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

That's one of the big things about it. If you have airlines flying and they don't have to pay off their debts to anyone, they cut their prices and the other airlines, like American who are already wobbling down the financial road, cn't compete with that.

It's a bad state of affairs for everyone. I'm really curious to see what is going to happen over the next few days. The air carrier industry could end up taking a huge blow when Delta declares.

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

my uncle said that southwest is the only that will survive

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

They just said on the news Northwest and Delta just minutes ago filed for bankruptcy.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Bravo on the prediction then =). Well, the only good thing about more companies filing for bankrupcy is that something will have to happen. Plane travel is not one of those things that you can just get rid of, or even let the service of decline. I just wish it hadn't escaped economists eyes for the future for so long...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...