Organization

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

While I still like an occasional joyride in some really bizarre aircraft, I've been settling down into my own charter operation off the beaten track and mostly cargo, but some passenger work.

I can create and save flights and assign them flight numbers and assign specific times and aircraft to each, but is there an way to reorganize the aircraft other than the default way FS9 displays them ❓

I'm currently using Cessna Grand Caravans, Beechcraft 1900s and Pilatus PC12s because they are enjoyable to fly. If anyone can suggest others with perhaps a bit more range or speed, I'd be interested.

Primarily, I'd like to get organized, but haven't seen any addons in that vein.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain

It occurs to me thast if the creators of FSPassengers included a way to calculate revenue from cargo, it might be worthwhile for me to get it.

For the amusement of all, I include the following (Can I help it if the phone rang while I was landing?):

Flight OA101 flight report log Date September 16 2005

Flight ID: OA101
Pilot: Crash Gordon
Company: OmegaAir
Aircraft: DHL B1900C - Cargo
Flight Date: September 16 2005
Departure: 16h32 (23h33 GMT)
Arrival: 17h50 (00h50 GMT)
To: KLAX - Los Angeles Intl - Usa
Nbr of Passengers: 0

Report:

Flight Distance: 291 Nm Landing Speed: 81.94 kt
Time Airborne: 01h12:15 Landing Touchdown: -712.31 ft/m
Flight Time (block): 01h17:35 Landing Pitch: 3.93°
Time On Ground: 00h05:56 Landing Weight: 12337 lbs
Average Speed: 241.99 kt Total Fuel Used: 1072 lbs
Max. Altitude: 11883ft Fuel Not Used: 3406 lbs
Climb Time: 00h00:23 Climb Fuel Used: 14 lbs
Cruise Time: 00h58:32 Cruise Fuel Used: 946 lbs
Average Cruise Speed: 258.11 kt (M0.39) Cruise fuel/hour: 970 lbs (calc)
Descent Time: 00h13:20 Descent Fuel Used: 111 lbs

Passenger Opinion: No passengers aboard.

Financial Report:

Ticket Income: +$0 (291 Nm)
Cargo Income: +$0 (0 lbs)
Services Income: +$0 (0 sandwich 0 hot food 0 drink)
Services Cost: -$0 (20% quality)
Fuel Cost: -$718 (1072 lbs Jet-A1)
Airport Taxes: -$21 (Small Aircraft)
Insurance Costs: -$0 (4.32% rate)
Total Real Income: $-739
Total Income: $-36,950 (real x50)
Fleet Bonus: $0 (1 aircraft ,no flights today)
Total Sim Income: $-36,950 (total income+fleet bonus)

Overall Flight Result: Horrible

Pilot's Penalty points: -1000 points
· You made a very hard landing at -712 ft/mn and the tires sustained damage. (-400)
· Exceeding maximum speed of this aircraft is very dangerous. (-600)

Oops!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I've dropped you a PM with some info about FsP when you get around to checking them

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I'm currently using Cessna Grand Caravans, Beechcraft 1900s and Pilatus PC12s because they are enjoyable to fly. If anyone can suggest others with perhaps a bit more range or speed, I'd be interested.

The airplane is not the fastest thing in the world, but it's fun to fly, you could think of it like a replacement for the Caravan. It can carry fuel pods on the wings to make longer flights, and it loves hard landings. It holds 8 people (6 passengers).

Click on products, Pilatus PC-6 Proter:
http://www.fsd-international.com/

Pro Member Chief Captain

FEM, I replied to your PM. Good info.

SamIntel, I've taken a look at that plane and am considering it.

Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Since it appears that FSPassengers does make provision for cargo, I decided to get it. Actually flew some passengers. Was amazed to find that the passengers thought I was great. Wasn't amazed that FSPassengers though I was horrible. Crying or Very sad I guess when it comes to passsengers you can fool all of the people some of the time.

For laughs:

Flight OA421 End of flight report Date September 17 2005

Flight ID: OA421
Pilot: Crash Gordon
Company: OmegaAir
Aircraft: Cessna Grand Caravan! Deluxe - Linear Air
Flight Date: September 17 2005
Departure: 09h40 (16h40 GMT)
Arrival: 11h55 (18h55 GMT)
To: KLAX - Los Angeles Intl - Usa
Nbr of Passengers: 10

Report:

Flight Distance: 312 Nm Landing Speed: 86.94 kt
Time Airborne: 02h10:29 Landing Touchdown: -233.85 ft/m (nice)
Flight Time (block): 02h14:49 Landing Pitch: 2.45°
Time On Ground: 00h08:22 Landing Weight: 7769 lbs
Average Speed: 143.64 kt Total Fuel Used: 868 lbs
Max. Altitude: 8641ft Fuel Not Used: 1373 lbs
Climb Time: 00h08:22 Climb Fuel Used: 74 lbs
Cruise Time: 01h50:22 Cruise Fuel Used: 755 lbs
Average Cruise Speed: 157.98 kt (M0.24) Cruise fuel/hour: 410 lbs (calc)
Descent Time: 00h11:45 Descent Fuel Used: 38 lbs

Passenger Opinion: Exceptional flight (100%)
-Are relieved to have landed safely after the extreme weather they experienced during landing.
-Were pleased by the music on ground. A very nice addition to their flying experience.
-Didn't like that you forgot the belt sign during take-off and landing.

Financial Report:

Ticket Income: +$2,778 (312 Nm)
Cargo Income: +$35 (44 lbs)
Services Income: +$0 (0 sandwich 0 hot food 0 drink)
Services Cost: -$0 (20% quality)
Fuel Cost: -$560 (868 lbs Jet-A1)
Airport Taxes: -$10 (Small Aircraft)
Insurance Costs: -$121 (4.32% rate)
Total Real Income: $2,122
Total Income: $106,100 (real x50)
Fleet Bonus: $0 (2 aircraft ,no flights today)
Total Sim Income: $106,100 (total income+fleet bonus)

Company Reputation:

Considering that the flight was perfect,the tickets price low,passengers on this flight think that your company's reputation should be 100%
Your company reputation is now: 68% (+3.18 increase)

Overall Flight Result: Horrible

Pilot Bonus points: 230 points (-30% because you used time acceleration)
· You made a very nice landing. (+50)
· Perfect Flight, no problems and very satisfied passengers. (+150)
· You landed at the scheduled airport. (+30)
· Extreme weather conditions during approach, but a safe landing and satisfied passengers. (+100)

Pilot's Penalty points: -1050 points
· Forgetting to set the proper flaps during take-off is an extremely dangerous fault and does not show proper piloting skills. (-300)
· Exceeding maximum speed of this aircraft is very dangerous. (-600)
· Forgetting to set the cabin seatbelt sign to ON during landing or takeoff is a fault. (-150)

Pro Member Chief Captain

Dude...SLOW THE HECK DOWN!!!

It's really REALLY hard, unless you dive like a kamikazee, to overspeed in a prop aircraft. That'll save you 600 points.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I forgot to ease back on the throttle when I started my descent. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain

There's a reason some of us are pilots, and some of us are simmers ROFL

kidding man 😂

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

what is the best way not to over speed with a Heavy when descending as using flaps to slow down is not an option as they cant take the stress, and easing back on the throttle isn't always the way!!

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

While I still like an occasional joyride in some really bizarre aircraft, I've been settling down into my own charter operation off the beaten track and mostly cargo, but some passenger work.

I can create and save flights and assign them flight numbers and assign specific times and aircraft to each, but is there an way to reorganize the aircraft other than the default way FS9 displays them ❓

Primarily, I'd like to get organized, but haven't seen any addons in that vein.

--Crash, If you want to get into the organizational FS9 game I would suggest following the link below and see if it appeals. Flight Sim Manager program from Rana. It is good and it's freeware. The only down side to this program is that if you choose to use it upon installation it may return most or all of your FS9 settings to their default. -You would only have to re-do your customizations (like scenery and grid matrix stuff) once after the initial install and boot. Also, FSM WILL install Aircraft successfully in both FS2002 and FS2004 - however, FS2004 allows gauges to be kept in the individual panels directory, where FS2002 required it to be copied to the main Gauges folder. -Analize A/C for problems function is inoperable at the present time as there is still no reliable way to scan and ID all of the various file types in existence.

http://www.ranainside.com/software_flightsim_manager.html

-- Example screenie.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I have it, but I am reluctant to try editing certain things. For example, I'd like FS to display all my Boeing planjes under Boeing. Not POSKY or PMDG or any other banner. I'd like My MD's under the same spelling of the company's name. I'd like all my Pipers' under Piper and not some of them under Piper Aircraft.

Finding planes that are scattered about because their creators want to see their names in print is a pain.

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

I have it, but I am reluctant to try editing certain things. For example, I'd like FS to display all my Boeing planjes under Boeing. Not POSKY or PMDG or any other banner. I'd like My MD's under the same spelling of the company's name. I'd like all my Pipers' under Piper and not some of them under Piper Aircraft.

Finding planes that are scattered about because their creators want to see their names in print is a pain.

"Finding planes that are scattered about because their creators want to see their names in print is a pain."

-Amen brother I am with you on that one 100% ❗

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...