Engines off on startup?

Pro Member Trainee
mickjason Trainee

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how to configure my aircraft NOT to have engines running when I begin a flight at the gates. I have gone through all of the settings and I cannot find anything. Is this even a possibility? Thanks in advance for your help.

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

One of the simplest ways is to simply download this file. Just replace one file and everyone of your flights start up Cold and Dark:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2867/fs2004-dark-cockpit/

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Shut your engines down at the gate, then save it as your default flight or just give it a name and save it so you can select it. When you select it the engines will be off. I shut my planes off at the gas pumps and save it, that way I not only have to start the engines I have to taxi out to the runway.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

The patch is more comprehensive though, so it works regardless of plane or where you load up (rwy vs. gates)

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

originalgrunge wrote:

The patch is more comprehensive though, so it works regardless of plane or where you load up (rwy vs. gates)

I didn't know there was a patch to do that, it sounds like a good idea.🙂

Pro Member Trainee
mickjason Trainee

Thanks guys! I appreciate your input.

JM

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

I tried the Cold and Dark patch a while back, but could not get it to work.
I have not seen any other reports of problems with the patch so I suspect a bad download, just have not gotten back to it. Good luck with the patch. I will have to give it another go soon.

The patch only works for the default flight at seatac, so when you start the default flight, your cessna skyhawk will be cold and dark. It doesn't work for all flights.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Um, actually yeah it works for ANY flight you start. I'm assuming that you didn't install it correctly in order for it to work

Captain Jack Guest

How do you DOWNLOAD FREE AIRCRAFTS TO YOUR FLIGHT SIMULATOR!!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Captain Jack Guest

Does the gate seal itself to the plane when at the gate?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Captain Jack wrote:

Does the gate seal itself to the plane when at the gate?

No they aren't working jetways.
Possibly some pay-ware scenery may have that but the built in ones from MS don't.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

funnily enough I installed the cold and dark patch

used to work, since I did it on my new machine it hasn't worked though 😞

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...