Question about PMDG 737 800/900

Ant478 Guest

Hi, i just bought the PMDG 737 800/900 and i am finding it hard, it is not like the normal 737 on FS2004, can someone help me with auto pilot, and general tips etc?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

THe PMDG 737 is nothing like the default 737. I have both. The PMDG is almost as real as it get. You better read the manual first.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Oh boy. Well, it's very very different than the default B737. My only piece of advice is to go through the manual little by little, carefully and at the same time looking at the onboard systems. Follow the manual for loading, starting up the hydraulics, electronics etc etc, go through the preflights... I'd say your first flight is about 200 pages and 5-6 days away.

Happy reading 🙂

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

These guys are definitly telling you the truth. You can find tutorials and such on line, but it will really come down with hours of extreme frustration, followed by seconds of triumph, followed by hours of extreme frustration! However, even if other planes have replaced it as my favorite in my hanger, it will never be gone from it! It really is a remarkable plane once you get to know it well, and always seems to have more tricks up its sleeves than you could count!

Ant479 Guest

Thanks for the tips, i'll get my head in the manual right away! 😀

how many discs should be in the box i only received one

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

how many discs should be in the box i only received one

I wish I could answer that, but since I downloaded the PMDG stuff, I have no idea.

As far as your original question, the PMDG plane is quite different from the default 737, but it is well worth the steep learning curve.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

The box-edition for the 600/700 series comes with two, one for the general systems, one for the FMC. Both, however, are pretty limited, and don't go through all the things that you really need to understand the plane. Most of those come on the CD. If you look under the start menu, it should have installed all the manuals under the PMDG tab.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...