what joystick do you use?

kanexpo Guest

I use some cheap joystick but i want the microsoft one.

which do u use?

Answers 26 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I do not think MS makes their joystick anymore. I use the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and am quite satisfied with it. If you shop around, you can find it for less than $30.

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not think MS makes their joystick anymore. I use the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and am quite satisfied with it. If you shop around, you can find it for less than $30.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I use the Saitek X45. I bought it for $64, but I've seen it on eBay for $20-$30.

Pro Member Chief Captain

The Saitek is a very good joystick, especially if you do a lot of "bare knuckes" flying. The feel of the throttle is excellent.

Pro Member Trainee
TylerAnaya Trainee

I use saitekst90

Last edited by TylerAnaya on Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
TylerAnaya Trainee

I use a satiek st90 coast $20

kanexpo Guest

wow i thought to have a good joystick i woul have to spend 200-300$ like the one from microsoft

which one is the best joy stick?

I would use for comercial flights rather than military fighting stuff, so shooting buttons are not essential.

Just trottle, vibration, and all the stuff needed 😀

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I am using an old MS Sidewinder. It has the basic buttons, a hat, a slider. Been using it for 5-6 years, works great.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I use the MS SideWinder Precision Pro2 USB which is no longer available.
If I had to buy one today I would go for the Saitek brand, probably a X45 or X52.
Go to a store to see how it handles before you buy one, Amazon usually has good prices.

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/pcgc.asp

Radar

crosscheck9 Guest

I use the Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick. I find that it performs all standard tasks, and handle's very nicely. I got it as a gift, so I don't know how much it cost when it was bought, but I'm sure you'll find it for a good price online.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

kanexpo wrote:

wow i thought to have a good joystick i woul have to spend 200-300$ like the one from microsoft

I use a Microsoft Precision Pro(Not feedback) and it works fine. If you were planning on spending that much money I would go with the CH yoke and pedals. They are expensive, but I think for most flying they are the most realistic and the smoothest.

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

gentlemen, time for a yoke!!!

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

I use the MS SideWinder Precision Pro2 USB which is no longer available.

Me too... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I use an ancient...Saitek ST50 with serial port...Time to get something newer 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

nottobe wrote:

So which would be more realistic, a yoke without pedals or a joystick which provides for separate rudder control?

BTW, if you go to froogle.com and search for "ch yoke usb", you will find them for as low as $93.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I use the 3D extreme pro too, I love it.

Pro Member Trainee
boomshiko Trainee

i use the logitech freedom (cordless) 2.4..

It'sa beauty with a good grip, but unfortantly no forcefeedback...

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

nottobe wrote:

So which would be more realistic, a yoke without pedals or a joystick which provides for separate rudder control?

BTW, if you go to froogle.com and search for "ch yoke usb", you will find them for as low as $93.

i would say they come in a pair. if you use the ch yoke, you dong have any other rudder input without the ch rudder pedals. so make a budget for two 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

It'sa beauty with a good grip, but unfortantly no forcefeedback...

What is force feedback?

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

forcefeed back is the motion simulation for the joystick, especially on the ground, you feel the vibration as a result of different speeds and surface bumpiness. in the air, it gives some resistence to your handling.
i wish my ch yoke had this capability

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

i use a Saitek X52 but most of my flying is done in IL2 forgotten battles

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Without the rudder pedals I would go for the stick with rudder control. The CH yoke with the pedals is a great setup, and that's no yoke.🙂

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

What joy sticks do have force feed back?

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

SamIntel wrote:

What joy sticks do have force feed back?

Logitech for one makes more than one force feedback stick.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/productlist/US/EN,crid=2214

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

I use a SaiTek ST90 $20.00 WalMart. Great Joystick.

AstroSteve Hack

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...