Where the heck is "Scotland" in FS2004????

Pro Member Trainee
CaptCrash Trainee

Y'know, I might not be looking in the right place, but I could swear I saw a screenshot of a cessna cruising along the Lock Ness. I can't seem to locate it on my game.
Can Someone please tell me where to find it?

"CaptCrash"

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest

CaptCrash wrote:

Y'know, I might not be looking in the right place, but I could swear I saw a screenshot of a cessna cruising along the Lock Ness. I can't seem to locate it on my game.
Can Someone please tell me where to find it?

"CaptCrash"

Scotland is a region of the United Kingdom to the north of England, on the same island. Loch Ness (not Lock) is to the south and west of the city of Inverness. Start your flight in Inverness (the one in the UK, not the one in Florida 😂 ), and head southwest, you can't miss it. It's a very long, narrow lake (or Loch, if you're a Scot). Other cities in Scotland are Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Happy hunting.

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

you mean the nessie thing is in the game?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Yes. Just some more useless lines of code added by immature programmers. It definitely contradicts, "As real as it gets"!

crosscheck9 Guest

Not sure if I'm correct here, but isn't loch ness the name of the river as well?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

loch = lake

JarJarBinks wrote:

you mean the nessie thing is in the game?

Lets clear the geography first - Loch Ness is part of the Caledonian Canal linkage from Fort Augustus in the west and runs in a an ENE direction to Inverness in the East through the Great Glen(valley), the link also includes the River Ness. The Loch Ness Monster is as mythical as its inclusion in FS9.
If Crashgordon's comment ("Yes. Just some more useless lines of code added by immature programmers. It definitely contradicts, "As real as it gets"!"), which castigates people for something they didn't do, and implies that FS9 is "As real as it gets" then he must have a different program from the one I own. The unreality of 90% of FS9 could certainly not be altered one whit by the inclusion of Nessie (which it doesn't). FS9 is a very good flight simulater, probably the best, but real - no! I believe that MS could make it more real but who could afford to buy it??
To add some humor to this saga -

On closer examination -
It is hoaxes like the above that Nessie a bad name!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

so this beast thing is realy in the best "AS REAL AS IT GETS" game. of its time?

whoa...... SWEET!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...