Force Feedback Joystick and FS2004

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

Can Anyone tell me if Force Feedback works with FS2004?

How well, thinking of getting a controller with this is I get positive feedback.

AstroSteve

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I really dig my Microsoft Force Feeback 2 joystick. The forces work really well with FS2004! It puts you that much more in-tune with where your plane wants to go. Say you have your plane trimmed nose-up, but need to start pitching down. The higher you had it pitched, the more the joystick will fight you to push the nose down! It also helps you know when you're really flying the plane well, because it stops fighting you 😉 .

Air turbulence works pretty well with the FFB as well, except at times it can be pretty harsh. The forces are pretty *sudden* sometimes, and if you don't have a good stiff arm, you'll find that the joystick starts flopping around with your hand on it. (Don't worry, you'll learn to hold it centered pretty quickly 😉 ).

The other thing I really like about the MS FFB2 joystick is that that it's not always on (i.e., moving around without your hand on it). They built a tiny optical beam right by where your pinky would sit. If you lift the lower portion of your hand, the forces turn off (the beam is no longer cut), but it still operates like a joystick. This is a GREAT feature, since some aircraft designers took forces way too far, and made the ground "bumps" feel like a minor earthquake....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...