Airfoce One DVD

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

Ok so i was watching the Airforce One film today and i have a little question about it. Towards the end when Mr President) takes to the cockpit to fly he askes one of the pilot people if he can fly the plane and he replys and says no sir, What does this guy do if he cant fly the plane or at least a traine pilot? It just seemed weird that at the start of the film he was up in the cockpit but didnt fly. Is their other thing you can do in the cockpit besides being one of the pilots?

Sorry if this is quite a str8 forward question.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

He was probably a communications-worker.

Just like the movie, the upper deck of AF1 minus the cockpit is for communications.

HowStuffWorks.com wrote:

Like an ordinary Boeing 747, Air Force One has three decks. The lowest deck holds luggage, food and classified equipment. The middle deck holds the bulk of the passengers. The upper deck consists of the cockpit and the communications area.

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

So does anyone know what they do in the com section. im presuming its nothing to do with controlling the plane or ATC as thats all done by the pilots.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

AJWatson2209 wrote:

So does anyone know what they do in the com section. im presuming its nothing to do with controlling the plane or ATC as thats all done by the pilots.

Satelite phones mostly... Secure lines, that is 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

If you reffer to Harrison's Ford movie even though i admire a lot this actor(and i believe that his name saves the movie from disaster)i will suggest not to watch such kind of films that turns MR.President into a Rambo with suit and tie.

I believe that this guy must dont know how to fly in order MR.president takes the control.Thats the movie purpose.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...