(real aviation)Holding patterns

gazpode_l Guest

This morning, at around 7am BST, I was driving along the a414 heading east back to my hometown of Harlow after visiting a place called "ware" in hertfordshire. I glanced up to find two passenger planes seemingly flying in formation 😳

As i got further down the a414 I noticed that three other planes had joined them separated by around 100-200 feet each and they appeared to be circling in some kind of holding pattern.

I guess this is the first time i've ever witnessed them ATC guys stacking up planes ready for approach, but it seemed unusual at such a time as on a sunday morning, when i'd expect it to be quiet.

They loooked like they were holding between the south and south east, as i headed east it was at my three o clock.

Anybody heard anything of any problems at any airports in the south east? such as luton? gatwick? Stansted? etc

Gary

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bartholomew First Officer

What makes you think it's a problem? It was most probably a holding pattern as you said. I guess you would've known if it had been an air show. 😕 You say "separated by 100-200 feet"? Are you sure they were so close? Because if you are it definitely seems like an acrobatic thing!

gazpode_l Guest

ok, perhaps there wasn't a problem Embarassed

but what I can say is that they were probably circling at around 3500 - 4000 foot and it seemed to look to me like they were only separated by 100-200 feet.

I'd heard that they use this separation on television so again I could be wrong and it may be further appart.

regards
Gary

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...