Leaving active runway

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

Made 2 flights this morning - left runway to taxiway on landing ASAP as instructed but no reference to "left" or "right" from the tower. In both cases to get to gen av parking had to x back over active runway. Is there a preference in which direction you leave the runway or would the tower normally indicate??

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

In FS they don't tell you which direction to turn off the runway so head for the side that looks bigger i.e. more buildings. Normally works for me 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

Yep, in general head for the terminal.

Must remember to take my eyes off the runway and look around 😂 😂

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I usually keep the necessary charts with me when I'm flying (from www.myairplane.com), and that makes it far easier to find the necessary direction for turn-off, and even which turn-offs will be the easiest! Just check out the airport diagrams, and it'll make things much easier when looking for the terminal.

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

I like what 99jolegg said. This has been the way that I have made that quick decision countless times in my own flying in FS but would have never thought of airing it unless it came up. Good to know I'm not the only one who has made the decision that way!! 😂 --Thanks 99jolegg!! 😎

CTRL+S is your friend - I like using it at the airport - gives a quick map - and I can quickly find which direction I should be heading in - another quick CTRL+S and I'm back in the cockpit.....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...