FS9 GPS

Pro Member Trainee
Tim (CaptainTower) Trainee

Eureka!! I just discovered a wonderful thing about the GPS unit in FS9. After nearly 2 years of FS9, I never knew you could type the IACO codes or the name of the airport into the Direct To mode. I grew so tired of mouse clicking to enter those items so I could fly Direct To an airport or NAVAID.

I hope you guys and gals don't think I'm dumb, but I never knew that until the other day. I was mouse clicking as usual, and I thought I would just try typing the letters; I figured, It can't hurt.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You are not the only one.Thanks for opening my eyes too... 😉

P.S.I like the expression of my ancient ancestor Archimedes you use.... 🙂

Pythagorus Guest

Greekman72 wrote:

P.S.I like the expression of my ancient ancestor Archimedes you use.... 🙂

Was that "I hope you guys and gals don't think I'm dumb" or

"I figured, It can't hurt." 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

looooool 🙂)

Guess....You have one more chance... 😉

P.S.''Pythagoras'' is the right spelling 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

FS is wonderfull for hiding important things while impressing folks with sailboats.

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

The FS9 GPS should come with a seperate manual 😳 . It's a very complicated part of fs9, that takes alot of time to master. Dedicate a day or two to it, and just explore, who knows what new things you'll come up with.

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

The FS9 GPS should come with a seperate manual 😳 . It's a very complicated part of fs9, that takes alot of time to master. Dedicate a day or two to it, and just explore, who knows what new things you'll come up with.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You post twise CS9!!!...Why???You think that you will get a rank sooner???NOOOOO....!!!!!!!I ll post moderators to dicrease the number of your posts. 😉 😉 😉 (kidding).

Nice avatar 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Double posts sometimes happen when the software the forum uses hiccups. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...