Rod Machado's lessons

Pro Member First Officer
HardLanding First Officer

I think these are pretty good, though I've nothing to compare them to. I bought FS2004 not to boom and zoom but to learn something about real aviation, and the lessons so far are very satisfying. Not that there might not be ways of improving them. It caused me to wonder if other instructors/schools have created their own flying lesson programs using FS.

HL

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Once you mastered those there are specialty sites for other pointers.
Here is an example of one for helicopters.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

The lessons are pretty good, although I wouldn't want to take a plane up based on just what I learned from them.

There was a kid here in Florida who did just that and made a successful flight except for two problems. He didn't have a license and he didn't have permission to use the plane. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

Haha nice one! Was it from an airport or an unmaned airstrip?

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

It was in the news here but it has been a while back, I don't remember the details. I know he stole the plane and made a successful flight. I would assume he at least used an airport that wasn't controlled.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

This may be it, I'm not sure if it's the one that was on the local news or not.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8249917/

Pro Member First Officer
HardLanding First Officer

And the little juvenile delinquent got himself and the airplane back on the ground safely? That rocks. That story absolutely rocks. (With a few misgivings about safety of innocents, indefensibility of theft, interference with the general welfare, etc. And no, trust me, I won't be trying this at home.)

HL

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

He did this at night. I guess from the story his second landing wasn't as successful.🙂

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Wow, I'm impressed.
Now that kid is going to go far in life. I'm drooling with envy.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I'm not sure how far one can go in juvenile detention. 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...