FS 2004 - Would it work?

Hi there.

I would like to start playing FS 2004. I'm not sure if my computer can run the game. Just take a quick look and state a quick YES or NO?

How much time do you spent on the game - and did it take long time in the beginning to get flying?

Any specific joystick you would recommend - Logitech or Microsoft?

This is my hardware profile:
CPU - AMD 1300
GeForce 2 MX 100/200
256 MB Ram

Your advice is very much appreciatet.

Best Regards

Leth - Denmark

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Michael_H Guest

I would like to start playing FS 2004. I'm not sure if my computer can run the game. Just take a quick look and state a quick YES or NO?

Yes, But not well enough to get out most of what MS put into it. I doubt you would find it satisfactory. FS 2002 would run much better on that system.

How much time do you spent on the game - and did it take long time in the beginning to get flying?

I had a private pilot's lic. many years ago, so learning how to fly with the sim was pretty easy as far as the light aircraft was concerned.
But if you take the lessons and start out slow, you should be flying after an hour or two of practice on the Cessna trainor.

Flying, landing and navigating with the big jets will take quite a bit of practice, and some reading as well, but it's all fun and the first time you land one smoothly will be a thrill.

Any specific joystick you would recommend - Logitech or Microsoft?

I have tried them both and settled on the MS sidewinder

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yes

Idea Yes, why don't you add another 256mb ram, it's cheap and would help.

I watched one 10 minute video when the sim loaded and started to fly, by the seat of my pants. Take lessons and it'll be more of a flight sim, don't take lessons and it "dead reckoning" flying, either way it's more fun than a human should be allowed to have. Start off wih a prop driven aircraft, easier to handle.
👍 Go for it!!

🤔 Any specific joystick you would recommend - Logitech or Microsoft? :

👏 Either, I also use a Microsoft Sidewinder and it's great.

Radar

Thanks
a lot - it was interresting.

Guess I need more hardware or just settle for FS 2002. But one of the nice things about FS 2004 is that the manual comes in my native language.

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

Hi there Leth,
we love Denmark, or at least Copenhagen!

The pc sounds a tad slow. From what I have learnt while trying to upgrade my 2,4G system to a real video card (from onboard video), the results you would experience seem to be at best, frustrating.

As others have said, it seems a shame to waste the experience if you are playing it at a much lower quality. You don't need a "Northwood" or anything, just a cheapo 2,4 - +spare dollars will get you by (from my extensive research....)

Say hi to the mermaid for me!

I could not resist.

I have bought FS 2004 and a Logitech Attack 3 Joystick and I'm flying !!! ( With a big helping hand from Rod, the instructor)

This is really cool - but a lot of reading.

Thanks for the answers.

Regards

Leth- Denmark

PS: The Mermaid are not thrilled at my skills - yet, and she is feeling rather sick after my first crash into the landingfield. But she says hello.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Punk Good for you, enjoy it and if you have to upgrade later, I did and its worth it.
Happy flying ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗

Group Wave Group Wave

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...