Vatsim E-mail

crosscheck9 Guest

I've been trying to sign in to Vatsim, and everytime I enter an email address, it tells me that it is not an authenticated email address. Where can I get a free email address that will allow me to work with Vatsim. I have tried, hotmail.com, and emailaccount.com Thanks

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

try lycos mail, or

www.myownemail.com

it sometimes "fools" them into thinking it's validated

crosscheck9 Guest

Thanks FEM, however, I tried the lycos one, and Vatsim didn't accept it, and on the myownemail.com website, I don't see where I can sign up. I've been to this website before, but now, I think they are working on it, or it is canceled, etc. Thanks anyways.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

oh yeah, it doesnt work for me now too. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

The thing with VATSIM is you can't have a free email account (MSN, Yahoo). What about your ISP you should have an email with them?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try Netscape, they may think you are using their ISP.
http://wp.netscape.com/comprod/mirror/client_download.html

Radar

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Be careful when trying to fool the VATSIM computers on your email address...they've been getting very strict around there recently (some new people stepped in to office), and they would have no problem cancelling your membership when they find out what you're using.

Also, it needs to be something with your name/address and all that registered with your email address, not just associated with it like it is on freeware. If your ISP didn't give you one then try your college email. If you're not in college or a profession use your parents email.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

At the risk of seeming overly harsh, what part of,
"Do NOT Use free e-mail accounts. Make sure to use a valid address." which appears on the vatsim registration page, was unclear?

If you read that, why would you ask where you can get a free email account?

crosscheck9 Guest

I didn't realize that by "valid", they meant nothing free. I guess I'll use the ISP account. Thank you

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Actually, valid means an account that exists, so they can email your user ID and password to you. The part that means nothing free is, "Do NOT Use free e-mail accounts."

Your ISP email address should work.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...