strobes of aircraft are synchronized

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

it looks very unreal, all aircraft have synchronized flashers, especially in the night. any way to randomize the flashers?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

I would like to know the same thing.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

It seems (to me)like that might take a lot of code running to force the lights on all traffic to run independently, and the return would only enhance the visuals of game slightly. I would rather save that processor space for something more, like flocks of birds and more traffic, being able to declare an emergency and have the airport scrammble to make room for you, and of course, just BETTER scenery.
Or, we can have independent lighting 😀 just kidding guys

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

no offence but what help is that

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

jelami wrote:

It seems (to me)like that might take a lot of code running to force the lights on all traffic to run independently, and the return would only enhance the visuals of game slightly. I would rather save that processor space for something more, like flocks of birds and more traffic, being able to declare an emergency and have the airport scrammble to make room for you, and of course, just BETTER scenery.
Or, we can have independent lighting 😀 just kidding guys

I think it only takes a few lines of coding, set different timing for the flasher and assign to different aircraft..... I just dont know how to do it.
it would have no or little affect on the CPU I suppose, plus, my CPU is only about 60% even at its peak usage with FS runing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm sure it's in the cfg file and can be changed by experimenting (back it up).
Changing a number from "0" to "1" can make a huge difference, and I could be wrong. 🙄

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

At AVSIM.COM do a search for "asynchronous_strobes_effects.zip". This does the trick.

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

thanks so much......sounds like exactly what I need, will try tonight

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

ok, i tried it last night, came out great!!
not only randomized all the flashers, but also
separated the distance of all falshers.... that means, the farther the dimmer..
i recomend to all night flyers, a must

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...