tcas radar

joaocruz Guest

hi im just starting my first flights on the c-130 captainsim but i have a problem how do i turn the tcas on it akways says tcas fail or radar fail is there anything else i should do

Answers 26 Answers

Jump to latest
epirb Guest

I have he sane problem to can someone help us plz

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Use the radar panel (the icon marked Rdr) rt-click the knob to power on, test, tcas test and then tcas.

Of course, reading the manual(s) would have provided that information.

Um, I have the same problem, and when I do that it just says fail! 😀

Any ideas? I work on c-130's everyday, and I cant figure this out either 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain

Is fsuipc.dll installed?

I dont know what that is so I bet thats my problem

Pro Member Chief Captain

Don't assume things. Look in your FS9\modules folder and see if it is there. If not, download the current version at
http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html and place it there.

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

I initially had this problem - but having gone through all the pre flight set up the radar equpt came good - sometimes it will call a "fail" but after a few seconds will be OK. You need to set up the switches and electrics/electronics - there's no short cuts with a lot of things on this bird.
The 'anti collision' works great - "traffic, traffic - climb climb" - and you'd better!!

Pro Member Chief Captain

I had thought about that, because it does initially say fail until a few seconds go by and it verbally tells you things are just wonderful. I somehow don't think people are so impatient that they didn't wait a while for it to complete the test. 🙄

I wonder what happens if they switch it to tcas (not the test position). This should be tried near a crowded airport with a bunch of AIs flying around.

Like I said I work on 130's everyday. I cannot figure this out. I didnt have that .dill file so I DL it and it still doesnt work. Just says test fail the whole flight

Pro Member Chief Captain

CaptainSim has a support forum. That will probably provide the solution.

thanks I will try that

they said its a known problem and they will try to fix it in the next update

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

Theres a service pack #1 being tested at the moment and expected to come out shortly- mods are listed on the Cap Sim website.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

What's tcas?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Traffic Collision Avoidance System 😉

On the Captain Sim legendary Hercules - and other sim aircraft the Radar - set on TCAS - picks up other aircraft posing a threat to your airspace in the direction of your flight or in the near vicinity and gives an audible verbal warning to take avoiding action.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Hey CrashGordon you don't need FSUIPC installed because I re-installed my FS9 and re-installed the C-130 and the TCAS works fine.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Jared wrote:

Hey CrashGordon you don't need FSUIPC installed because I re-installed my FS9 and re-installed the C-130 and the TCAS works fine.

Okay, I deserve this. 🍅

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Agus0404 wrote:

Thank you 😀 I see you are Portugese, do you like Christiano Ronaldo? ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hmm, maybe I don't. Check your FS\modules folder and see if fsuipc.dll is there. I seem to recall that CaptainSim installed it with the 727 and suspect they do the same with the Herk. Of course, I could be wrong and then I'd get this. 🍅 🍅 🍅 🍅

Pro Member Chief Captain

JTH wrote:

Agus0404 wrote:

Thank you 😀 I see you are Portugese, do you like Christiano Ronaldo? ❓

I'm not Portuguese. I am living in Portugal, but my nationality is Argentinian.

Anyway, I like Cristiano Ronaldo, he's a good soccer player. Probably the best in the portuguese team.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Yes, he's skilful but he doesn't track back when he loses the ball Mad

What brings you to Portugal?

Pro Member Chief Captain

He's getting old... 😂

I'm in Portugal becuase of my dad.

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

If Ronaldo is getting OLD, I'm im big trouble......And I still referee soccer.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ronaldo is not the best player in the world. He used to be better.
He's still young, but as JTH said, he doesn't track back when he loses the ball.
Now he's playing in Manchester United so I guess he can practice some new skills.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...