Towing

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

How come aircraft are towed out to the taxiway only on some occasions?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I only thought sailplanes did that...could be to save on gas?

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Hmm, could be - but it also might be to get aircraft out of the terminal position. Eg, on busy days, the aircraft doesn't have that much room to roll left and right while leaving the gate area. I don't mean the tow trucks take them out to the runway, just out of the gate area.

Eg. Why is this KLM towed into the gate, whereas it is, as far as I know pefrectly capable of doing that on it's own ➡

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/728990/M/

Pro Member Trainee
bunger Trainee

I would think they are concerned with the jet exhaust in close proximity of other aircraft or buildings. Therefore it is safer to tow them out past the apron and let them depart from there.

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Simple really....either been in maintainance or going to....change of stand etc etc

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...