Loch Ness

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

I read somewhere there's an easter egg in the area... Now, what could it be? Off to see 😛

Answers 22 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

In which area ❓ ❓ ❓ 😕 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here are a few listings, some seem to apply to FS9.

http://www.eggheaven.com/eggs/

EASTER EGGS

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, an Easter Egg is a visual goody thrown in by Microsoft to enhance your flight sim experience.

Rick Jasonis (DC3-56😎 reported the first easter egg on the forum on 1 Sep 2003, it being Nessie of Loch Ness fame. Rick reports that on 01 Sep 2003 he sighted the old girl in a small bay on the west shore.

Ian Richardson (DC3-999) and Gavin Mills (DC3-67😎 posted the Maid of the Mist on 01 Sep 2003

😳

Pro Member Captain

I flew up an down that Loch today after taking off from Inverness,my nearest airport - didn't see a thing.
It is usual, at the beginnig of the tourist season for some one, presumably, a local hotel proprieter, to see something in the Loch. 😂

Now I have a more specific area, I'll have another look and let you know

I only live 50 miles away from the Loch so I might take a drive down and have a look!!

NESSIE LIVES!!!

Pro Member Captain

I've been up amd down that bloody loch again - three times and can't see that 'easter egg'. 😕 😕

Downloaded the original screenshot and think I have solved the riddle of the 'Nessie easter egg' but will take me a wee while to get the images on the forum.

Pro Member Trainee
Jim Glockner (jimmyglockner) Trainee

It is so great to see some humor here now and then.

Happy flying all.

JimmyGlcokner

Pro Member Captain

Jimmyglockner - wash your mouth out - this is a very serious subject to a Scotsman 😀 😀

Anyway, I have finally got proof that NESSIE LIVES. After hours of low level flying over the loch taking random screenshots - when I got home I was looking at the screenshots and came across the absolute proof. 😉 😉

To see this proof look at

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Last edited by Dave Copeland (davec) on Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee

Davec, forgive me for doubting you. The three pics proof it beyond a shadow of a doubt. Nessie lives!!

Happy flying.

JimmyGlockner

Pro Member Captain

Nothing to forgive Jimmy and as they say in Scotland -

"Lang mae yir lum reek wi' ither folks coal"

Translated - "Long may your chimney smoke with other peoples coal"
which is as good as it gets for a Scotsman. 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Trainee

Davec, you made me smile. Thanks. 😀 😀 😀 😀

Happy flying

JimmyGlockner

Pro Member Trainee
ronaldpatton Trainee

Now only I could get someone elses oil truck to back up to my house.. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

Dave, that's the new spelling, I wanna take a vote on it "MOTH"

Scotland is such an amazing place. Any of you simmers not yet been there, I recommend gitchobuttohhdeah...

Pro Member Captain

Rambunctious - what are you talking about - JimmyGlockner has an old Tiger Moth which he keeps in a helluva state - was just giving him advice
Liar Liar (Anyway I have corrected it)
..and for your info we have enough assholes in Scotland 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

So, whats this Maid of the Mist, and where do i find it/location to fly around? Seems interesting, and i think i'll have a go and finding it. Oh, and if anyone has a story about the MotM, tell me, cause i love legends and stuff

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

do you mean the boat at the bottom of Niagara falls? It is called the maid of the mist, and it is in FS9.

I have logged many miles around the loch to find Nessie, but nothing yet. On the other hand, if she was easy to find no one would care. 😉
OK, time to shoot a few holes in some clouds, CYA

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

Off looking for Sasquatches!!

Roger Hayes Guest

I too have flown back and forth over Loch Ness to no avail. Today I did a web search, and turned up a flight sim forum discussing the famous Nessie. Someone mentioned that it doesn't come with FS9, but is part of a scenery package add-on. Those who have downloaded it see her; others don't. I'm beginning to believe it.

cheekytrolly Guest

I think that 'davec' didnt really find Nessie and he drew the picture of the monster in by hand, because it looks like crap quality and no one else has seen it in flight sim 2004 apart from him... Also, he said that he was takin screenshots and just happened to stumble across this one once reviewing them...year right ❗ why would u take a photo of a cessna next to a brown hill man???? I think you really want nessie to exsist but its a proven fact that theres no sea monster in the loch ❗

Also, the only other person claiming to see it was on 1st September 2003. Was flight sim 04 even released out that date???

Lastly, if anyone has seen it, please tell me the exact time and date, and I wil try it on my settings.

Pro Member Captain

It is getting so that I don't know which thread to respond to - all this kerfuffle in regard to a myth seems pointless - I would suspect we had a representative from Loch Ness Tourist Association in our midst but it it isn't even close to the holiday season. 😂

Pro Member Trainee
griffo_06 Trainee

hi all

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

griffo_06 wrote:

hi all

Welcome! 👍

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
nik_simpson Trainee

Cool.

Pro Member First Officer
Corgi First Officer

I've not seen Nessie yet, but I'll keep trying

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...