Boeing 314 Clipper Floatplane question.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Please help me my friends...I have just installed the Boeing 314 Clipper flotaplane but i have a small problem... Wall Bashing

Can anyone tell me how to make this floatplane take off from sea??? Wall Bashing Embarassed
There is no way to take it off from an airport that FS put it ,for the simple reason that it doesnt have gears.... Embarassed 😉 😉 😉

Thanks in advance. 😀

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It's annoying' isn't it Evil or Very Mad I've just struggled with the same problem, I think. As I don't know how to create a flight like that (yet), I found a workaround for the time being.
I have another floatplane which includes 2 "Flights" you can choose from. After having chosen one of those flights, I change the aircraft. Easy.

There is a way to create your own flights - that is you can put your floatplane in any body of water anywhere, I just haven't found any references yet how to do it. I hope someone will be able to instruct us otherwise it's back to school again 🤔 Dont Know Doh!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Wall Bashing Wall Bashing Wall Bashing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman my friend, if you don't stop bashing your head against the wall, you'll get bruises!! I have a much better idea...

If you still have the Grumman "Goose", just go to the nearest airport to the location where you want to take off from - fly to that spot of your choice and land in the water.
Now you have the choice of saving this flight as it is - or change the a/c first and then save.

I think that should work Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There are many "water runways". I usually go to Florida (US) and look at the runway choice in the bottom left window when choosing an airport.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks a lot RadarMan and Tailhook.

Both ways are useful.I havent notice that there are water runways in FS Embarassed .

😉

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Alaska is another possibility. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

And a wonderful place with great sceneries.Thank a lot IKW. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...