no more realistic

marcelok Guest

Hi... any one have the feeling that Microsoft stop to make FS more realistic after 11 September?? I don't know but long long time with no updates... the cockpit's know sucks!! no GPWS no nothing!

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

yeah they are scared i suppose, but hey, if people want to commit atrocious crimes they will always find a way!

Dont take it out on us simmers!!!!!!

Oh well, back off the soap box!

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

marcelok wrote:

Hi... any one have the feeling that Microsoft stop to make FS more realistic after 11 September?? I don't know but long long time with no updates... the cockpit's know sucks!! no GPWS no nothing!

It's a well known fact that fs9 was about to be released when September11 happened. Consequently Microsoft delayed the release and took out the "crash effect". There's no logic in this because people do what they want to do especially if it is prohibited. Besides, the effect can easily be added by editing the appropriate file. So for practicality's sake I suggest that MS include the crash effect in the next incarnation of FS. It will save add on developers and moderators of forums a lot of time.
While I'm at it, I might as well speak out: I find it absolutely ridicolous and contradictory that you cannot (by default) simulate a building crash in FS, yet you can walk into almost any store and purchase a fire arm.

"As real as it gets" ❓ ❓

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Besides, the effect can easily be added by editing the appropriate file

How is this done Tailhook? I hope i havent missed something really stupid because on the odd occasion i do crash it just isnt real, in fact it is so uninteresting.

Cheers

Micah 😉

madbrit Guest

It's still pretty realistic if AOPA in their latest infomail is suggesting that FS is used as a training tool. I suppose flying into buildings is still not considered realistic flying by some. I think the general intention of real flyers is to avoid buildings. That's probably why it is called a FLIGHT simlulator and not a CRASH simulator.

And while I'm at it: Why cant I fly a plane underwater? Hope that's in the next version too. 😂

'FLY' REAL-WORLD SCENARIOS IN WEATHERWISE ONLINE COURSE
Low ceilings and restricted visibilities are aviation's most deadly killers. But thankfully, with a little knowledge, you can minimize the risks these conditions pose. And you can do it without leaving the ground. By using special Microsoft Flight Simulator scenarios, you can "fly" many of the conditions explained in the AOPA Air Safety Foundation's new online course, "WeatherWise: Ceiling and Visibility." See what MVFR looks like, how fog really looks when it hangs out around rivers and lakes, and what happens if fog doesn't burn off as expected. You can even experience the eerie sensation of running into fog and clouds at night. The scenarios are available at the end of the free course. Or you can download them directly from AOPA Online if you have Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 version 9.1 or above.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Micah wrote:

Besides, the effect can easily be added by editing the appropriate file

How is this done Tailhook? I hope i havent missed something really stupid because on the odd occasion i do crash it just isnt real, in fact it is so uninteresting.

Cheers

Micah 😉

I can't find the parameter now, but you could try this in the meantime ➡ http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004util&DLID=60537

File Description:
This FREE utility is to enable / disable crash damage for aircraft in FS02/04. The aircraft model's built-in breakage function is disabled by default in Flight Sim. Crash Damage scans the selected "aircraft.cfg" file for the line "visual damage=1". If this line is not present the utility adds it for each paint job in the "aircraft.cfg" file. If this line is present crash damage is already enabled for the aircraft. Realism is also set to “Hard” and “Detect crash and restore situation” is enabled.

Enjoy 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Here are some more ➡ http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004util&DLID=68969

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=crash&FileName=&Author=&CatID=fs2004misc

Make sure you alert the local firebrigade before you start creating havoc ❗

Whistle Blink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook The Master Of Disaster

Punk

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Well observed Greekman - and a pyromaniac in my spare time!!!

But you my friend will soon be going up in flames too without crashing unless you close those cowl flaps on your beautiful "Connie" ❗

Just where did you 'buy' your pilots licence Twisted Evil ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

But you my friend will soon be going up in flames too without crashing unless you close those cowl flaps on your beautiful "Connie" ❗

ROFL ROFL ROFL

From outlets... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL

From outlets... 😉

The least you could do is provide a link for one of those 'outlets' Twisted Evil

Now don't tell me you expect a bribe... Whip

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Now don't tell me you expect a bribe...

Of course i did...Such kind of infos are never free Whistle
But why you ask?Do you need to pay in order to get it?
You dont already have it? Poke in Eye How else could you know about this Cowls...Except if you copy Whip dear Insight who was the first one who correctly noticed to me... Poke in Eye

We hijack a topic for another one time... Off Topic! .Apologise to all ❗

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...