Flight 1 Ultimate Airliners - Super 80 (MD-80)

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Well guys I gotta say I'm surprised...

Flight 1 release what has to be up there as one of the best new payware aircraft add-ons ever for FS, and I drop by to my old buddies at Flyaway and there's not mention of it ! 🙄

Where's Original Grunge when I need him 😂 .

Anyway, you can check out the spec at www.flight1.com but needless to say, this is one special aircraft.

Here are some bullets that give my first impressions :-

- Amazing set of utilities come with this. You get a Training Centre that interacts with FS and shows you how to operate and set up all aspects of the plane .... it really is amazing stuff 😀 😀 ... This is one complex plane but if you don't like reading manuals then this is for you - you can learn it in practice, not in theory!

- Stunning, beautiful, gorgous exterior model - she is just a BABE !

- Excellent 2D Panel

- Fab VC (not that I use them).

- Amazing systems coverage.

- Flight dynamics are on a par with (if not better than) the Level D 767.... fantastic to hand fly, although takes some practive, she's slippery and you can really feel the inertia from having those engines at the back!

There are one or two teething problems, such as the VC ... it actually gives amongst the best Frame Rates of any VC ... BUT the inital loading of the screen takes 7 seconds (every time you select the VC - they are working on this).

This is a wonderful plane - hugely under represented in FS which makes this version even more welcome ..... Goodbye LNAV / VNAV and welcome to the 1979 Omega Navigation System ....... Very clever stuff.

I'll try and get a screen print and put it up here.

For those that are looking for a new complex airliner to Master and are bored with the usual Boeing and Airbus offerings, this is a really special add-on. 😉

David.

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Here's the Panel of this wonderful plane. It's a 1979 MD-81 so there are no glass cockpit's here 😀 , but there is just enough automation to make life nice ..... more than on a Boeing 727 but a lot less than on an A320 !

And here's the model. This is a poor picture .... I'm on the way from Madrid to Tenerife in the MD-80 so at this stage in the flight I'm over water, 80 miles out from the West African coast .... not a lot to see 🙄

What a ride ! Mad Dog ! 😉

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Hey Pro-Sim. I may have mentioned the release but im glad you like it. I will be getting her anytime before X-mas. I really hope though that someone makes a Midwest Airlines reptaint.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Off topic question

Why with such a great VGA you get these vertical lines on water?

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Greekman,

That's a very good question because I don't get them on the screen - they just appear when I take a screen print Twisted Evil

My screen prints come out rubbish for some reason - a good example is that Spanair livery ..... on my screen it's stunning, you can see the grains of dirt on the fuselage and the colours are really vivd...... but when I screen print it it looks dull and lifeless !

It's probably to do with the file type that I save the pictures as.... or the fact that I move them on a cheap memory stick maybe.

Hell of an add-on though ..... people on here should try some planes out like this one, and not just the obvious payware planes that everyone talks about 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You are right.I test it and i notice to mine screnshots too.I play a litle with file formats but i didnt notice any big difference.The only resulting action is to resize picture to a litle smaller size, it seems that these lines desappears.
I use Grabcapture for my Screensots and i have done a small test to three screencapture programs in another forum.Have a look if you wish.Its interesting but too much scrolling Embarassed

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/9771/screenhunter-problem/

I also notice that this happens especially midday where the sunlight is full.

Excellent payware BTW.Any decent one for a Vintage prop craft?

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Good find Pro-Sim! I saw the pre-release info for this a while ago, but wasn't sure if I was looking at the LAGO or not. I've flown nearly only on MD-80s in my time between here and chicago, so it does sound tempting! I do have to think twice about my finances recently though, as some fairly sizable expenses seem to be popping up around me. Even the feelthere 737 may have to wait for a bit!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

You are right.I test it and i notice to mine screnshots too.I play a litle with file formats but i didnt notice any big difference.The only resulting action is to resize picture to a litle smaller size, it seems that these lines desappears.
I use Grabcapture for my Screensots...

Which one is Grabcapture?? Read

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

that plabne in real life is the noisiest thing ever!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

It's another way of taking screenshots.
http://www.traction-software.co.uk/screengrabpro/index.html

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

RadarMan has already give you the Link Taillhook,if you mean which one of the three shots in the link i gave, its the 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thank you, Gentlemen 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

RadarMan has already give you the Link Taillhook,if you mean which one of the three shots in the link i gave, its the 😉

is the.....OOOPPPPPSSSS Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed i didnt write it...apologise.... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Is the second one.

Sorry to all for my mistake. ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry, you've lost me Greekman... Umm...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Sorry, you've lost me Greekman... Umm...

Umm... Wall Bashing

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Greekman,

There aren't a lot of vintage props around on the Payware scene but if you're interested in old military props, you might like the "Wings of War" series. Don't have details to hand but if you search the web I'm sure you'll find it easy. 😂

By the way, that Howard 500 on your pic is still the best freeware ever !

Original Grunge,

Thanksfully it's not the Lago or hte MDmax models .... it's amazing. There are 1 or 2 very minor bugs but nothing like the PSS 777 or even the PM747 when it first came out. I am absolutely hooked by this MD-80. It's an old 1979 model (MD-81) so it's analog but there is loads to learn and you get some amazing utilities with this add-on.

PS. Don't believe for a minute that a man of your dedication to the compayware scene will hold off buying the feelThere 737 PIC !

(I hear a rumour it's to be released next week 😉 )

David.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Greekman,

There aren't a lot of vintage props around on the Payware scene but if you're interested in old military props, you might like the "Wings of War" series. Don't have details to hand but if you search the web I'm sure you'll find it easy.

By the way, that Howard 500 on your pic is still the best freeware ever !

Thanks a lot for the info Pro-sim.

I love that Howard too 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...