Aircraft Overstressed @ low G's?

GUEST Guest

Ive have a problem, i have a bunch of fighter jets, and some aerobatic ones that overstress with 5-8G's...
Example, F-18 overstresses at 6.5 G's, Su-34 breaks @ 8 G's, A Pitts breaks with only 5.1 G's, and when pushing some negative G's this birds dont have a chance.....

I really think that these airplanes can handle much more G's. Does anyone around here know how to change de config file or how to make this airplanes stand more, without taking the overstress option on settings off?

Thanks for the help!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I may be wrong, but I think these entries in the aircraft.cfg may be the ones involved.

max_pitch_acceleration=1.000000
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt=2.000000
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt=1.500000
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint=20000.000000
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint=28000.000000
max_bank=25.000000
max_bank_acceleration=1.800000
max_bank_velocity=3.000000

However, before you start changing things, back the file up. Also, thinking you know a plane's limitations, and actually knowing them, are two very different things. Doing research on such things is very difficult because the information you are seeking is generally classified. 😳

Thanks! well i dont know for sure the limitations on the fighters but i know for sure that the pitts can handdle much more... ill play around with those values and find the ones that suit...!

thank you!

Well tried that, and most of the cfg files ive got dont include those parameters.... Weird? Those sound like the right things to change, but if they are not in the file, where can i add them? Flight tunning?

Yeahh... Im preatty new on modifying the cfg file! :S

Pro Member Trainee
Uwe Zankl (anj4de) Trainee

GUEST wrote:

Ive have a problem, i have a bunch of fighter jets, and some aerobatic ones that overstress with 5-8G's...
Example, F-18 overstresses at 6.5 G's, Su-34 breaks @ 8 G's, A Pitts breaks with only 5.1 G's, and when pushing some negative G's this birds dont have a chance.....

I really think that these airplanes can handle much more G's. Does anyone around here know how to change de config file or how to make this airplanes stand more, without taking the overstress option on settings off?

Thanks for the help!

Hi

Just watched the Blue Angels DVD of the 2004 season...the current show contains several 7g turns...so that can't be the limit since it's flown in public shows...and to add to that the Blue Angels all fly very old F-18As that were phased out of the fleet units. So we spaek about airframes with a big amount of hours on them already. I would say that 9-10g an F-18 should be able to handle. If the pilot can stand this is a diffrent subject.

cheers
Uwe

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welcome to Flyaway Uwe! 🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...