Aircraft Overstressed

Jamie4590 Guest

Last night I was 200nm from my deaceleration point after cruising for 3000NM when out of the blue I got the aircraft overstressed message and lost the flight. I had not saved progress! I was monitoring the instruments throughout and can't understand why it happened because everything was 'nominal and on the line'. I know I can turn it off but are there any key pointers to avoid this happening again and keeping the aircraft within its limits?

Also, I posted a mesage yesterday about msconfig but can't locate it. Any ideas on that one?

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

How was your speed?

Jamie4590 Guest

I was at M2.02 which is a bit less than the max cruise of M2.04 and at FL600. I think I know what might have happened. I didn't have the mach hold button engaged because for some reason this puts the throttle at their forward stops which is unneseccary and forces the speed up regardless of the AT being engaged. I prefer to manage the speed manually as I can set the throttles at about 95% and still maintain max cruise. I think as a result the speed crept up without me noticing until it surpassed M2.05! I'm pretty sure that was it and of course its all my fault! It wont happen again tonight thats for ***** **** ******** sure! 😂

It wasn't the perfect flight anyway. I mismanaged the fuel CofG while climbing and as a result didn't get enough speed. This caused an acute pitching up coupled with severe rocking as the fuel moved around in the tanks. The angle of attack barber poled and I had to descend rapidly to regain control. I'm sure that never happened to Brian Trubshaw! 😂

Pro Member Trainee
BoeingFanatic Trainee

What kind of aircraft were you flying?

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

wow.. M2.04 ? which plane were you flying?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Probably Concorde.

Jamie4590 Guest

Yes always with the Concorde. That Anatov is huge. What was that ugly looking aircraft that was build specifically for transporting pieces of the A380 between factories? That was quite big but didn't have 6 engines I don't think.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

Yes always with the Concorde. That Anatov is huge. What was that ugly looking aircraft that was build specifically for transporting pieces of the A380 between factories? That was quite big but didn't have 6 engines I don't think.

Beluga I believe,
http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/ewm/ic8/99.jpg

Jamie4590 Guest

Thats the one. Its like something out of Alien. When the A380 components were near complete it was discovered that the Beluga wasn't big enough so they had to be transported by road!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

Thats the one. Its like something out of Alien. When the A380 components were near complete it was discovered that the Beluga wasn't big enough so they had to be transported by road!

Yes

Guest Ed Guest

BoeingFanatic wrote:

What kind of aircraft were you flying?

BF, if you'd make that image in your sig a little smaller we wouldn't all have to scroll back and forth to read messages. Just 'cause it fits on your monitor doesn't mean it fits on everybody's monitor.

Thanks,

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

I liked that picture of Antonov ❗ Crying or Very sad

This one 's OK too, I guess 😉

Jamie4590 Guest

The Beluga looks like its developed a rather invasive growth! 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...