Default engines on

Pro Member Trainee
Nineball Trainee

One of my freeware add-on aircrafts defaults to engines off when I select it. All others have engines already running. How does one change this?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CTRL+E will start one engine, plus 1, 2, 3, 4 if you have more.
If it's a vintage press "M" for magneto.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

RM, are you sure about that 1,2,3,4 after CTRL+E, cause I only press CTRL+E and all the engines start one after the other. 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

RM, are you sure about that 1,2,3,4 after CTRL+E, cause I only press CTRL+E and all the engines start one after the other. 😕

Check the keyboard commands list. Mine was just from memory, and I usually fly GA.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

VF is right... in commercials and military that I have flown Control E turns em all on one by one.

I think the original poster wants to know if there is anything to change in the aircraft.cfg that will allow engines to be on when started.

I think.

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

Nineball
Check the README and/or the INSTALL files. While most addons start up and running, some addon aircraft have been designed to start in a cold and dark configuration. Others offer you a choice by having different config files to install.
If you have an addon that was designed to start cold and dark, pressing the default setting control+E keys is the autostart and will start all engines in order 1-2-3-4. If you wish to start the engines in a different sequence such as the standard propeller start 3-4-2-1, the default setting is E+then engine number (E+3, E+4 etc).

Hope this helps.

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

FHeselton wrote:

Nineball
Check the README and/or the INSTALL files. While most addons start up and running, some addon aircraft have been designed to start in a cold and dark configuration. Others offer you a choice by having different config files to install.
If you have an addon that was designed to start cold and dark, pressing the default setting control+E keys is the autostart and will start all engines in order 1-2-3-4. If you wish to start the engines in a different sequence such as the standard propeller start 3-4-2-1, the default setting is E+then engine number (E+3, E+4 etc).

Hope this helps.

As a reminder if you do use individual start sequence you need to key in E+1+2+3+4 to combine the engine controls once again. The throttle will only work for the last selected engine.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

OK there HAS to be a way to modify the config file if that is how the engines off is set. Does anyone know how to do that?

I will do some research on it also.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...