Codecs and sound problems

Pro Member Trainee
rklee Trainee

Ran into a strange problem with FS9 - Everything was fine until I lost the engine sound on the default Mooney - 172 was still there, I also lost all Jet engine sounds and all Controler voices. All environmental sounds are always there (at this point all of my sound sliders are at their maximum).All the historical AC engine sounds are still present. I did download a pack of codecs ( something you do need if you watch .avi videos with many different forms of encoding). Did an experiment - on my other PC ( different video card, CPU, memory). The only thing that is the same is the XP operating system and FS9. I installed FS9 and nothing else - works great. Installed the same Codec pack and yes - identical sound problems. Uninstalled codec pack - the sound problems remain.
Is there anybody out there who knows what the difference in the wave files is? I believe that they use different encodings or why else the Mooney's engine sound ( probably an older version ) disappears and all the historical AC ( coded up new) retein their sounds. If I can just remove some of the codecs ( or not install them in the first place) that may be the answer. Or I can see I will have to partition my disk and boot up FS9 separatly from the rest of the SW.
rich

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...