Troubleshooting Overhead Panel Failures in FlyByWire A32NX on MSFS 2020

Yorbe Derycke Guest

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to start up the FlyByWire A32NX all the time according to the MSFS checklist, but at some point, all my overhead panel buttons show "FAIL". I have looked at many tutorials but I still can't get it to go away. Can anyone help me?

Greetings Yorbe

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Yorbe,

It sounds like you're facing quite a perplexing issue with the FlyByWire A32NX's overhead panel in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. This problem can indeed be frustrating, especially when the standard procedures don't seem to rectify the situation. Let's dive into some potential solutions and troubleshooting steps to help clear up the "FAIL" indications you're encountering.

1. Verify Simulation Settings and Updates

• Ensure your MSFS 2020 is fully updated. FlyByWire's A32NX is frequently updated to align with the sim updates. Outdated versions may conflict.
  • Check if the A32NX mod itself is up-to-date. Using an older version can sometimes cause issues with new sim updates.

2. Configuration and Initialization Checks

• Restart the flight from cold and dark state and closely follow the startup procedure. Sometimes, simulation quirks can be resolved simply by restarting the scenario.
  • Double-check the electrical systems setup. A common oversight might be the improper configuration of power sources like the APU, battery, and external power.

3. Community and Developer Resources

• Visit the FlyByWire's Discord channel or their official website for support. They offer real-time advice and updated guides that might address your specific problem.
  • Consider looking at recent forum posts on Fly Away Simulation and other sim community platforms (without mentioning specific names) where fellow simmers share similar experiences.

4. Mod Conflicts and Installation Integrity

• Ensure that there are no conflicting mods installed. Other aircraft mods or extensive add-ons can sometimes interfere with the A32NX's functions.
  • If none of the above steps work, a fresh reinstall of the A32NX mod may be necessary. Ensure to remove all previous installation files to avoid residual conflicts.

5. Simulator File Integrity Check

• In MSFS, you can use the built-in tool to verify the integrity of game files. This can resolve issues caused by corrupted files.

Yorbe, if these steps do not resolve the "FAIL" issue, could you provide more specific details about when the failure occurs or if there are particular conditions under which the panel fails? This information could be crucial in pinpointing the exact cause.

I hope this helps, and you get back to enjoying your flights with the A32NX soon!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...