Restarts

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

During a flight some strange noises arise and the computer tends to block.
Sometimes the computer eventually restarts itself without any message or previous advice.
I have made a lot of tests with the add-ons and without them, and I’m concluding that the problem is last generation of SP2, firewalls…
Somebody can help me with this problem?
Thanks

Answers 22 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

CP16 wrote:

During a flight some strange noises arise and the computer tends to block.
Sometimes the computer eventually restarts itself without any message or previous advice.
I have made a lot of tests with the add-ons and without them, and I’m concluding that the problem is last generation of SP2, firewalls…
Somebody can help me with this problem?
Thanks

What you have posted is very general re: 'strange noises' arise and the computer 'tends to block.' -Can u be more specific?

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

I’m flying and when I change the view of the aircraft the image block a little and sometimes this make strange noise meanwhile the image is block.
Suddenly the computer restarts, and everything begin normal without any message or report error.

Thanks

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

OK, let's see if I've got this right. When you are flying and choose to change the view mode using the number pad the image does not show up at all? I am hearing that you are getting some kind of lag or delay in response. --I am in now way sure what could be causing the noise here. As far as the restart issue, I must ask, are u saying that the CPU itself shuts down and restarts or that the sim restarts? I would say this sounds like a graphics card problem. What type of card are you using? 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

The noise is very strange and it’s happened when I’m changing the view and the computer block.
But the big problem isn’t that, the problem is when the computer restarts, isn’t the sim, is the entire computer.
My card is a GeForce FX5500

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 What sort of noise?
Is it a beep,or a couple of beeps?
where does the noise come from, the PC or the speakers?

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

is a long beep, and it cames from the speakers.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Read these over and decide which fits your problem.

It can be a simple thing such as a card not seated correctly or dust in the PCI socket that stops a card from making good contact. Let us know how you do,

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

I saw the web pages, and perhaps I could find the problem, but what is the explanation for the computer resets?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's due to the problem you have.
Usually it's the power supply, board, dust etc.

Does it do it with every program or just the flight sim

You can do this:

Right-click on My Computer, go to Properties -> Advanced -> Startup And Recovery. Then uncheck the box that says "Automatically Reboot". Now your computer will pop up bluescreens, which can be used to diagnose the problem.
But I wouldn't suggest it.
Probably dust.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

I made this, and the computer doesn’t restarts but doesn’t send alert messages. The images blocks and the noise don’t disappear.
This is very strange. 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Dump the cookies in your browser and run the two of these.
Run Ad-Aware first.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

Having run the ad-aware, 18 critical objects were found. ie VENDOR-- tracking cookie, TYPE IECache entry, CATEGORY-- Data miner, OBJECT-- cookie:user@ads......... COMMENTS--hits:1

What does it mean?

Which of those downloads of the http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html y have to download?

Thanks sr

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They are spyware or adware both problems.

You have to download Spybot.

Run them both again after you download it and dump the cookies.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

I remove the cookies but I have found DSO exploit, and it isn´t a cookie , it is a regisrty change.
I have to remove this to?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This will clean your registry. Use it ONLY in the NOVICE mode unless you feel safe fooling with the registry.
RegVac.

It's perfectly safe in the novice mode.

http://www.superwin.com/fregvac.htm

After this run your updated anti virus and you should have a clean machine.

I hope it works better than it did.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

I run the RegVac, and I remove all cookies with problems.
I can’t remove the DSO exploit (the registry change), because after I fix that, I search for problems, and I find again.
Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

Thanks very much for the help

😀 😀

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

I have implemented all the recomendations for avoiding the computer restarting but once again during an approach the compute beep again, and eventually, when I was choosing a plane, the computer restarted itself.
I suspect that the problem may be the memory structure, because one of the taskbar messages I have once got was something like this:” Not enough virtual memory.” “Some programmes will be closed”.

How can I manage the memory structure to get more virtual memory?
Any help will be appreciated.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Virtual memory fix. This is what they list for FS9.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;892610

Does this happen with other software or just FS9.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

The only game I have in this computer is FS9 sr

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's either a bad memory chip or your video card.

The bios usually gives you a warning by beeping.

Take out one memory chip and see if it happens, if it does take that one out and put in the other. Lets see if one of the chips are bad.

It can also be the video card, not seated well or dust in the socket, take it out use some compressed air (don't point it straight down) and then put the card back in.

Let us know if any of these work.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...