Computer restarts everytime I try to take off!!

Burybest Guest

Just got Flight Sim x deluxe having had the demo on my computer. Windows xp with 2g ram Nvidia 7600gt
When I unloaded the demo it left it in the control panel remove list (although I did not realise this till later). Sim X was loaded and if starting in the air could land and fly around the moment I tried to take off from anywhere on any setting the moment the wheels leave the ground the computer restarts. I unloaded and reloaded the game + removed ALL the stuff I knew how to re the demo files etc but after about 3 days of huge frustration I have the feeling that somewhere I have repeat files which are conflicting and causing the problem. Can you give any help on how I could remove everything (background stuff that will remove the listing still in control panel, their are 2 demo listings, one with a flight sim logo and one with a pc logo).

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
burybest Guest

Sorry forgot to mention.
Put the Flight Sim Deluxe on my computer at work and it takes off no problem. Also an xp and nvida 7600 card.

I did put on a cyborg evo force joystick on the system that keeps restarting. Don't think this is part of the problem but as yet haven't been able to test it against anything else. Only test I did was put on an ordinary joystick and it still restarted in the same position.

Pro Member Trainee
navyredman Trainee

Try installing FSX SDK off from disc 1 and update it. I was having the same problem, and after I did that it worked perfect.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Overheating is the usual cause for that.
Take the side off the computer and clean all the dust out.
A bad stick of ram can cause that also.

Radar

Wurstwasser Guest

I have the same Problem but its not overheating, my fsx crashes never (eg landings) but always when im taking off my pc restarts. insatlling and updating sdk doesnt help, anyone who knows what to do???
plz help i just can fly the missions where you are already flying...
😞

Pro Member Trainee
dkim17 Trainee

The cause of that could be any of these things listed or a weak power supply. My GPU was too much for my little 450 PSU, So i had to upgrade to a 630, and it never restarts anymore

Wurstwasser Guest

Hmm but im laying on a notebook Asus A6Va with Mobility Radeon X700 and the PSU should be good enough for the GPU, and my gpu is at 60° C so its not overheating. i think its a software problem...

kinetic25 Guest

having the same problem :@ i just installed an extra gig of RAM and a new hard drive then i resinstalled the game and everytime i take off it just crashes. i get the blue screen of death.

Pro Member Trainee
MonsoonMally Trainee

From past experience, I just cannot underestimate the PSU input into what is apparently a fault elsewhere.

I recommend you go into BIOS and se what your PSU is actually supplying to your lines.

Same can be said of heat - it can turn a top system into a nightmare.

I have the feeling myself, that my graphics card is on its way out - simply due to many hours of undervoltage, and overheat.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

kinetic25 wrote:

having the same problem :@ i just installed an extra gig of RAM and a new hard drive then i resinstalled the game and everytime i take off it just crashes. i get the blue screen of death.

The ram may be bad or not the same as what you already have in there.

Radar

kinetic25 Guest

I don't think its my RAM because I have tried using only me old RAM and only the new RAM which are all pc3200 (4*512mb) anyway and the still present the same error message. I have played armed assault on all 4 sticks which is pretty demanding on my computer and theres no problems. At the same time of installing my RAM i installed a Saitek X52 pro joystick. Should i take a picture of the blue screen im getting?

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Anyone think about the CPU? Yes, if you have the RAM and the power, the next obvious check is the CPU.

nononono fsx sucks Guest

get rid of fsx as soon as possible it messed up my computer permanently. I was playing fsx and then out of nowhere it freezes, nothing worked (altf +f4 everything) now when i try to turn it on it won even turn on.

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Don't listen to that advise. I don't know what happened to him but thousands of people play FSX with no probelm.

kinetic25 Guest

you guys seem to automatically assume that its a hardware problem I can't understand how it could be cause everything else runs fine, HL2 Armed assault no problem and its immediately as i take off. Its very strange.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

kinetic25 wrote:

you guys seem to automatically assume that its a hardware problem I can't understand how it could be cause everything else runs fine, HL2 Armed assault no problem and its immediately as i take off. Its very strange.

Read the hundreds -- or should that be thousands of posts dealing with the subject... it might lead to your enlightenment 😂 😂

kinetic25 Guest

*BUMP* any new ideas?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
guest Guest

Sounds strange but it may be your sound chipset....

I have an ASRock P4V88 MB with an AC'97 audio chipset..

When I disabled the audio driver from the hardware manager, it worked great...

I then installed a SoundBlaster X-fi card and am still flying.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...