Beechcraft B1900D and B1900C

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Hi,

I see PMDG make a Beechcraft B1900D and a B1900C. What is the difference between these two planes? They both look pretty identical. Is one a newer version in real life or are they just fit for different purposes?

Thanks a lot, JTH 🙂

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I bought the 1900C, because - it seems - it's more detailed than the D. The latter seems to use more or less default gauges and is "simpler" in general. You ask why the price is the same? Good question. Anyway, I love the "C" to be honest, no complaints.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I originally got the 1900C for the same reason. It has custom Collins gauges. When I saw that the virtual airline I fly for used the 1900D, I got it also. While it uses some default gauges, its flight characteristics are just enough different to make you believe you are flying a newer version of the plane.

Either one is very satisfying to fly and a degree in rocket science is not required to set the plane up to fly.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Okay, thanks a lot for the replies!

Just out of interest, what are the actual differences between the two planes? Does the D have a longer range, better fuel efficiency etc?

Is it worth having both do you think?

Thank you once again, JTH!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The 1900D has a redesigned wing with small winglets and probably a few extra horsepower.

Take a close look at the panel views on PMDG's web site and see which appeals to you more. Unless you have some specific need, getting both probably isn't necessary.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

The D has a stand up cabin(a person could stand up inside of it), it has stronger engines, and newer avionics. I have the C and I love it. 😀

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

The D was my first payware add-on and at that time I loved it. But now, anything bigger that a Cessna that I fly has to be more complex. That is where PMDG lacked on these two. But that is why your only paying $15. But PMDG had excellent products whether there the Express of Mainline fleet.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Jared wrote:

The D was my first payware add-on and at that time I loved it. But now, anything bigger that a Cessna that I fly has to be more complex. That is where PMDG lacked on these two. But that is why your only paying $15. But PMDG had excellent products whether there the Express of Mainline fleet.

I agree, but it is a great plane for $15.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...