The Beechcraft Staggerwing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The Beechcraft Staggerwing.
The G-17S was the last of the line; it was introduced in 1945 and only 20 were built, mainly because it cost $29,000 and the B35 Bonanza was about to hit the market at about $8000.
The last of a long successful line of negative stagger biplanes. This model has moving parts, a pilot figure, transparent glass, Nav lights, 3d wheel wells and a deep red specular shine. Roger Gilbert's Custom Beechcraft panel is included.

It's fast and handles nicely, I flew around the San Francisco area, touch and go at 4 airports.
stavg2.zip

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

A sweet looking plane, RMan. I'm not a big fan of tail draggers, but believe I could enjoy loafing around some nice scenery in that. Thanks for sharing it. Group Wave

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

OH MY GOD!! SWEET! I WANT IT! Where do I get it?

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

I looked in the prop plane list of dnlds. It's not there. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Very nice radarman but 2 questions -
1. Isn't it a bit out of proportion - even allowing for perspective, that's a big truck in the background and the Stagger looks massive. In your image above it looks very big against the fuel station and the a/c in the background.
2. You can't afford to touch the joystick - the a/c seems to be oversensitive except in the case of the twist stick in taxi-ing - it doesn't answer at all and I have to control it on the number pad '0/enter '.

Or is it just me being hamfisted???
Hack Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

davec,
I usually take screens to show off the aircraft so it will look out of proportion to the background, as to the handling, I do have a "twist stick" and found this particular craft to handle beautifully.
As I said, I enjoyed flying it so much that I did touch and go at 4 airports, it did handle well, a change from some of the ones I tried but haven't posted.
I guess all sticks are different, I use a MS.
This was a nice find. If you "play" around with it for a while you'll find that it "grows" on you.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...