737 and Traffic 2004

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Hello all,

Can someone who uses the PMDG 737NG please shed some light on me, regarding how to alter climb rate -- I can't for the life of me, get it to climb faster than it is.

Also, if I purchased Traffic 2004, would it enhance ATC communication? In what ways? Does it allow flying Stars/Sids, or it still doesn't recognize them?

Thank you very much for your help.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Hi Crosscheck,

You'd have to give a bit more info to get help on the PMDG 737NG climb problem.

If it's climbing too slow, the chances are it's to do with the weight being too high or your take-off and climb thrust being derated too low.

How are you climbing - using VNAV, FL CH or VS ?

Traffic 2004 - This is a AI traffic programme, it doesn't provide any ATC it just puts planes in the airports and skies - real airlines, not the daft made-up airlines in the default FS9 ! However it does add some different voices to the default ATC (some non-US accents) and some new airline call signs.

For better ATC you should look at flying on-line, or get Radar Contact V4.0 which has just been released this week. (www.jdtllc.com).

David.

Pro Member Captain

Pro-Sim -

Thank you very much for your reply. I had 50% fuel, and it was definately not overweight. I know it could climb faster, because it was at 65% N1. I programmed it to climb to a certain altitude by the time it reaches a certain waypoint, but I don't think I could specify the climb rate in the FMC. I think that since it had 200nm to climb to it's altitude before reaching the waypoint, it calculated that it would need 700fpm to reach that altitude just in time. This is using VNAV. Should I use something else?

As far as online flying, well, I tried setting up with Vatsim. I signed up and everything, but actually getting it to work is SO complicated. It's frustrating so I eventually gave up. I'll look into Radar Contact V4.0 though. Thanks for the help.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

By the way, I would recommened Traffic 2005 over 2004. It has somewhere in the region of FOUR TIMES more traffic!

Pro Member Captain

JTH wrote:

By the way, I would recommened Traffic 2005 over 2004. It has somewhere in the region of FOUR TIMES more traffic!

Thanks for the tip -- Does it hurt Frames much, or is there little impact?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...