UPS MD-11 Install

Pro Member Trainee
BarryO Trainee

I tried to install the MD-11 (UPS) but FS2004 does not want to let me see or use the aircraft. Has anyone been able to use this download? If so - what special steps were required?? Thanks.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Use this tutorial to help you install the aircraft. (look under the manufacturers name)
https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

If you need further help you'll have to tell us exactly which file you downloaded and from where.
A link if possible will help.
Radar

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

i downloaded it but i deleted it cuz it didnt have sound. so i wuldnt recomend downloading it 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

earthqu8kes wrote:

i downloaded it but i deleted it cuz it didnt have sound. so i wuldnt recomend downloading it 😂

Your recommendation is misleading and iFDG does not deserve this kind of negative criticism.
The reason why you didn't have any sound is because the sound.cfg aliases the sound to the B777. See below:

[fltsim]
alias=b777_300\Sound

fs9 doesn't come with a b777 sound. Open your B777 aircraft folder - open the sound folder - open the sound.cfg file and you'll find this:

[fltsim]
alias=B737_400\sound

Try it with your B747 - the result will be the same. All Boeings in fs9 are aliased to the B737 sound.

If you want to hear a sound in your MD11 (UPS) the easiest way is to alias the sound to the B737.

It's a beautiful aircraft ❤️

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Its a great aircraft,stick with it
Goto avsim and stick MD11 into the search engine under 2004 sounds and you get a fair few very good sound sets

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

Its a great aircraft,stick with it
Goto avsim and stick MD11 into the search engine under 2004 sounds and you get a fair few very good sound sets

Being an absolute MD11 FREAK I've been searching for the ideal soundset for a very long time. How silly. There are no absolutes. So now after having accumulated quite a collection of MD-11 sounds I just swap them around as I please. Despite it's very small size this one ➡ http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=ifdg&CatID=fs2004snds
is still one of my favourites.
Trouble is, I can't hear the flaps and this is also the case with the other much larger soundsets. I have only integrated sound. Would that be the culprit? ...Or haven't I found the right set yet? ...Or is there a way I can do a little tweak? - Any ideas???

Thanks ❗

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...