cpu temparature

corrie Guest

Posted - 11 Dec 2005 : 03:55:23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At what CPU temparature will my fs2004 be affected or slow down here is my system specs.

Intel Pentium 4 3216MHz
Display Card NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra
Memory 2048MB
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
Free Disk Space 58.37GB
Display Card Memory 256MB
Display Driver Version 6.7.0.2
DirectX Version 9.0c
Optical Drive CD/DVD
Sound Card SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [A000]

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

See if this post helps you.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/3157/cpu-temperature/

Hi RM,
I downloaded the 'Speedfan' linked from tha link above.

The program shows three temperatures when I open it:
Temp 1: 37 degrees c
Temp 2: 63 degrees c
HD0: 46 degrees c

What does that all mean, and is it too hot or too cold???

Chhers

Last edited by ceetee on Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The 63° sounds a little high to me. Ask TTT he uses speedfan for his AMD, I use Intel and a different temperature gauge.
I never go over 46°.
Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I cant remember what the 1st and 2nd readings related to Embarassed as I now use a different program to monitor my temps 🙄

This one has more features and a very good forum ➡

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

At what CPU temparature will my fs2004 be affected or slow down here is my system specs.

It should not affect FS9 or any other program at all unless something was drastically wrong: ie:
your heatsink fan was not working properly, or it was installed incorrectly with a poor seal between the heatsink and the CPU dye.

A P4 (Prescott Core) CPU will get that hot (63 degrees Cels.) under load with no problems at all. If it is running that hot at idle, then there is something wrong.

Guest Ed Guest

I just learned first-hand how important CPU temperature is.

The fan on my CPU (an old Athlon XP 1900) had gotten kind of noisy. I noticed it when the computer was first turned on, and then it would get quieter, and as the computer warmed up it got even noisier.

A few weeks ago, I started having problems with the computer hanging up, or just crashing. It always happened on graphics-intensive programs, like FS09 or HL2.

So I got down with a flashlight and watched the fan; when it got noisier, I could actually see the fan slowing down. I think the bearings had deterioriated with age (the machine is four years old this month).

So I picked up a new heatsink and fan, installed it a few nights ago, and I haven't had a hangup or crash since. And the computer is so much quieter!

But I still need a new computer. 😉

Ed

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

my old computer had a graphics card (ati) that overheated but didnt cut out, nearly fried the lot of us! Evil or Very Mad

Micah 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...