Live Weather

Has anyone got problems download real worl weather tonight? Everytime I attempt to download it either stays at 0% and FS freezes or it got to 1% then froze.

Before you ask, my internet connection is working fine.

It's never done this before and has always worked fine.

Any ideas? ❓

Answers 25 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

This time im in a real weather flight and dont seem to have any problem.
Did you download something or maybe your antivirus being upadated or some other programs?If you have firewall check it...maybe FS is blocked by mistake Dont Know

Well I got no firewall, anti virus does not sort it even when I turn that off.

Its a funny one...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Well I got no firewall, anti virus does not sort it even when I turn that off.

Its a funny one...

Odd...Try to restart FS... Dont Know

Tried all that too, rebooted PC and all that.

Crying or Very sad

Im gonna uninstall FS, im bored and its worth a try.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Tried all that too, rebooted PC and all that.

Crying or Very sad

Crying or Very sad Be a litle patient my friend...maybe its your ISPs problem.Try again a litle later.My small knowledges ends here for your problem...Deeply sorry ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Im gonna uninstall FS, im bored and its worth a try.

Well that will surely solve everything. Doh!

Uninstalling FS and reinstalling it for what almost certainly is a temporary DNS problem or router failure on the internet, sounds like a lovely way to kill time. Wacko

That's like buying a new TV when a thunderstorm temporarily knocks the electricity out, making the TV go dark.

Guest Guest

I'm having the same trouble... the downloading from Jepp' stays at 0%. Anybody know what the problem is tonight? I've never had anybtrouble either!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

I'm having the same trouble... the downloading from Jepp' stays at 0%. Anybody know what the problem is tonight? I've never had anybtrouble either!

Since I don't use "Real Weather" I don't know what "Jepp" is but see if this link is of any help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;841214

Radar

guest Guest

Jepp' as in Jeppesen! That Microsoft link doesn't do diddly... I cleared my temporary internet files; still no luck.

new guest Guest

I'm having the same problem as well.. Must be an issue with the MS weather server. I've been going crazy all day trying to get it to work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

guest wrote:

Jepp' as in Jeppesen! That Microsoft link doesn't do diddly... I cleared my temporary internet files; still no luck.

I knew what the "Jepp" was - still doing research on the "diddly" though...
Wall Bashing Hack

scooter2524 Guest

I have been unable to download real world weather too.since Friday night I got it today to go to 30%. went as far as reinstalling windows. still no luck must be a weather server issue

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I was having problems yesterday too.Maybe something goes wrong with the server.

Next choice...Major Thunderstorm... Punk Punk Punk

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

The "Jepp" site is still doing "diddly"

ROFL

BashDaBish Guest

A few people I know all on different ISP's have been having the same issue since Friday.

It is not ISP related and there is a high possibility that this Jesp thingie me jiggie is having some problems.

Here you are TTT - have a nice little word to go with "diddly".

➡ squat

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

I have had the same problem today, but it does seam a little extreme to uninstall FS or Windows when the problem may not have anything to do with your own PC.

Oh man I am also having the same problem and it has also been since friday afternoon-ish. It worked fine earlier that day but havent been able to get it working since. Sometimes it goes to 8% and freezes, sometimes 1% I also got a check internet connection and configuration message. This is so frustrating since I just ordered ultimate traffic and World Airports 2!! GRRR!!
This has never happened before...I need my real weather!!!!! PLZ JEPP FIX IT SOON!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I have had a look at the Jepp site and nothing is said about the server being down
But you can get free weather info for your area and set the fs weather to near as dam it ➡

http://www.jeppesen.com/wlcs/index.jsp?section=weather&content=weather.jsp

update

Jeppesen does not actually provide weather data directly to Flight Simulator 2004 users. Microsoft connects to our weather
server and converts the data for use in FS2004 then makes the converted data available on one of their servers to FS2004 users.

I just finished a chat with Microsoft and they said that the Real-World weather servers are down for maintenance and that we should be able to download updates in 24-48 hours.
I also tried to ask about FS2006 but all they said is that they are working on it.

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

I've had this same problem both last night and tonight (10PM USA Eastern time). I have no idea what caused it and suspected that I had accidentally deleted some FS9 subroutine when I knocked some programs off my startup list. Now I think *I* am not to blame!
If others are having the same problem then let's stay with this until someone has an answer.

ANYONE????

Pete
Culver Cadet
Beech Bonanza
Cessna 172, 182, 185
Piper J-3, PA-18
and MORE!

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

OOPS!!!

I didn't see Guest's 7:40AM post before I sent the above. Mea culpa.

Thanks Guest!

Pete

Seizure Guest

This Forum is great. It's nice to know there are folks having the same problems wiyh FS.This is the third time FlyAway has saved the day.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

This is the third time FlyAway has saved the day.

Why ? what did we do 😳

scooter2524 Guest

Finally the weather server is back online. Microsoft should post something the next time they decide to take the server down for maintenance, and their troubleshooting site blows if you can see this site the weather server is working, not! http://fs2k.zone.com I was able to access this website since friday. Oh well since the I bought this game I have had no real major issues. hopefully not everyone, spent to much time on this issue. Fs 2006 is postpone for a good reason, it will give us time to save some cash, to build faster machines. Thanks to the person that called Microsoft, so stopped troubleshooting.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...