Real Time Weather

Pro Member Trainee
Key Trainee

Is anybody apart from myself experiencing a problem with the "Real Time Weather" option in FS2004? Everything was fine a couple of weeks back (the last time I used FS2004) but on my last 3 attempts to fly using real weather, FS attempts to contact Jepperson but never gets past 17% (and very slowly at that) and then locks-up solid with no way to exit except to hit the Windows key and reboot the machine. Unfortunately I've done several things in the past couple of weeks including a couple of Windows updates and installing a new mouse (Logitech MX1000 - which I can thoroughly recommend) so have no idea if I have a problem with FS2004, or a compatability issue or if the Jepperson data simply isn't getting through. Any ideas please?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

We finally figured that their servers were down

Here is a thread all about it.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10342/live-weather/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Key Trainee

Many thanks Radarman, apologies too. I took a quick glance through the forum but didn't notice the thread or I could've saved a posting. I hope they sort it out, I was just getting used to landing at Manchester (UK) in all that rain & wind! 🙂
(btw - I'm now living in Rhode Island, but fly in my old stamping ground)

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I can't get "Real weather" to work either. I read the Micrsoft information about the known problem. It gives a website to check that the wx server is working. I can't connect to that website so I beleive that the real weather server is down. 😕

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...