SearchSearch 

Real Time Weather

Pro Member Trainee
Key Trainee

Is anybody apart from myself experiencing a problem with the "Real Time Weather" option in FS2004? Everything was fine a couple of weeks back (the last time I used FS2004) but on my last 3 attempts to fly using real weather, FS attempts to contact Jepperson but never gets past 17% (and very slowly at that) and then locks-up solid with no way to exit except to hit the Windows key and reboot the machine. Unfortunately I've done several things in the past couple of weeks including a couple of Windows updates and installing a new mouse (Logitech MX1000 - which I can thoroughly recommend) so have no idea if I have a problem with FS2004, or a compatability issue or if the Jepperson data simply isn't getting through. Any ideas please?

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

We finally figured that their servers were down

Here is a thread all about it.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10342/live-weather/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Key Trainee

Many thanks Radarman, apologies too. I took a quick glance through the forum but didn't notice the thread or I could've saved a posting. I hope they sort it out, I was just getting used to landing at Manchester (UK) in all that rain & wind! 🙂
(btw - I'm now living in Rhode Island, but fly in my old stamping ground)

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I can't get "Real weather" to work either. I read the Micrsoft information about the known problem. It gives a website to check that the wx server is working. I can't connect to that website so I beleive that the real weather server is down. 😕