xbox360

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

hi guys,

i have just ordered one of these, with promised 24 hour delivery.

Does anyone else have one and if so what do you think, and what game should i get first?

Micah 😉

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Sorry...I was a PS2 fun before this think in front of me come to my life... 😉

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

get call of duty those games are fun. im a playstation man so i would rather have a ps3 though

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Isn't the X-box360 just a home PC in a smaller box and cheaper? I'm a sony man through and through.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I'm Hopeing to get an Xbox 360 for Xmas. They are in short supply, you're lucky. I want Madden 2006.

Last edited by CRJCapt on Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

The GFXs look great on what I have seen,but I have also read that it is just like Win98,in that it will crash every so often

Umm... Which will be the better ?
Well the Playstation won the last round due to the sheer number of quality games available to it,and I think it will happen again

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

also, its microsoft and almost everything microsoft first releases has problems, for the xbox its overheating and scrating disks. im not tryin to discourage you but thats just what ive heard

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Was told that the Call of Duty 2 ad on UK TV was from Xbox360, looks amazing. Although also heard that they overheat a lot??

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

TTT I totaly agree with about sony winning the war.

10 Things you didn't know abou the new consoles

1. The PS3 and Xbox 360 will be able to output images at HDTV Quality.

2. All three consoles will be able to connect to the internet for online gaming.

3. The PS3 will include a BlueRay Drive, allowing it to play High-Definition DVD Films when they go on sale.

4. Two version's of the xbox 360 will be on sale, one with a Hard Drive and one without.

5. The Xbox will be able to act as an extender box for Windows Media Center PCs.

6. The PS3 looks the most powerfull out of all three consoloes.

7. Nintendo's Revolution will have motion-sensitive controller.

8. The PS3 and the Revolution will support Bluetooth, but the Xbox 360 will not.

9. All three consoles will be backwards compatible with previous machines from the same manufacturer.

10. the Xbox 360 will have interchangeble face plates so you can customise the look of the unit.

The good thing with the PS3 & the 360 is the will force down the price of the new types of DVD players that on there way in.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I knew Sony were pushing the Blueray dvd drive,but just as that format starts to take off,there is another which increases the amount of storage again
VHS and Betamax all over again............Only one loser, and thats us the buying public Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

When the xbox360 is released and feedback starts to flow in, Sony will take all of what they see into account and make sure that they encorporate all the details in the PS3. Sony playstation will always out perform xbox, though this view will obviously vary as everyone will have their own opinion.

Last edited by Tartanaviation on Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I understand that 2 games Call of Duty® 2 and Project Gotham Racing® 3 are the best of the lot, so far.
Both are for HDTV.

The console can't be had here in the States, the waiting list is months long and they are gathering dust in Japan where they aren't interested in them.
Why MS put the in three locations at one time is beyond me.

The overheating and the scratching are the only two problems I have heard of also.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/

http://www.xbox360blog.com/?cat=1

Radar

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

WARNING Watch Out:
The X Box 360 has a tendency to Overheat and Freeze up.

I'm Not getting one until the design flaw is fixed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

PanAmerican wrote:

WARNING Watch Out:
The X Box 360 has a tendency to Overheat and Freeze up.

I'm Not getting one until the design flaw is fixed.

The power supply (separate) is overheating, some of the blogs are reporting that if you "hang" it up so it gets better air circulation it doesn't freeze up the box.

I'm sure they (MS) will be replacing them but I would wait also.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

9. All three consoles will be backwards compatible with previous machines from the same manufacturer.

This issue has caused much speculation in the past.
If this is true, the consumer will be the winner due to stiffer competition.

If you're into car games, I'd go with RM's suggestion - Project Gotham!!
Guaranteed no boredom... utter frustration, if anything. I have the old, first edition and I'm still stuck at roundabout 29%.
If a new edition of V8-Supercars is available - ❤️

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

I know a couple of people that have an xbox360 and they haven't had an overheating problem. i think it depends on how much you hammer your machine too.

The graphics look simply amazing, ive never seen anything like it.

The ps3 doesn't look like its going to be out in the UK until the end of next year, so for now im starting on the 360 and we shall see what happens later!!

Thanks for your replies guys

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

Isn't the X-box360 just a home PC in a smaller box and cheaper?

According to some reports, it is a toaster. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

guys, i now have my xbox 360 and i have to say that it is awesome!!

I dont even have a high definition tv, but on a normal TV it still looks amazing.

Call of Duty 2 is the best game, it is just so realistic and the graphics are superb!!

Playstation who????

Micah 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...