MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY

Kooki Guest

So after a 4 year break I have finally decided to get back into the hobby of aviation simulation. Today I purchases a new copy of FS2004. I loaded it and waited with hopeful expectation....but, alas it did not load. instead I got several error messages stating:

"Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled.

File: ACONTAIN.DLL."

When I click on ok it delievers the error message 15 more times, stating a different file it was unable to load each time. Finally it brings up a message stating:

"The 'C:\program files\Microsoft games\Flight Simulator 9\Modules\Acontain.dll. file is missing or damaged Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair the file. Flight Simulator will now quit."

So after spending the better part of the afternoon on the phone with tech support I could still not retify this problem. Has anyone else had this happen to them out their ? I sure would appreciate any help because I wanna get back to flying! any help would be awesome, thanks

Answers 24 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

It would be helpful for us if your tell us your systems specs. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Make sure the cds are clean of finger prints and all other goo
If you have more than one cd drive, ie a dvd drive try loading from there

If that fails take the cds back to the shop for a replacment

I have the following specs on my system:

Windows XP
Pentium 4
3.41 ghz
512 Mb RAM
Radeon x800 Pro

anything else you guys need and I would be happy to provide it!

Thanks in advance

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Uninstall all traces of MSFS 2004.
Check/clean the disks.
Disable any anti-virus or other programs from running in the background. Install flight sim.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go into your modules folder and delete ACONTAIN.DLL and download and install mine.
http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3P90FMSSZ2MVA1PT73ANU6BYXU

Replace FSUIPC with free new one also. 3.51
http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Then delete your fs9.cfg, launch the sim and see if it's fixed.

The fs9.cfg file is now located in Drive_Letter:\Documents and Settings\User_Name\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9. This is a hidden folder by default so you need to modify the folder options via the control panel: go to the view tab and check the "Show hidden files and folders" option

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Do all of the above. I had to install it once from Safe Mode. You get absolutely no interference from other applications. Or if you don't want to go into Safe Mode boot regularly and disconnect you LAN, and or Dialup. For some reason this FS tries to get updates or connect to the internet for some people. I hope that this helps.

Regards,

WOW! You guys are all awesome! Thanks so Much for the input! however, its still not working!!! BUT you are on the right track Raderman I believe. But I dont know how to replace the ACONTAIN.DLL file once I have downloaded it. If Ican get this to work I think I will be Golden!

This site is awesome and its great to have fellow Sim junkies helping out! Hopefully I will see you all in the air sometime

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It has to go into the main (Module Folder). This is how you find it. after you do it then delete the fs9.cfg and launch the sim. You want the new one to have the correct information in it. They rebuild themselves, if it doesn't want to do it the first time hold down the left "Shift" key and click the FS9 icon.

Let us know how you do. 👍

My Computer is an icon on your desktop, double click on it.
Inside your main drive icon is "C".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder "Program Files".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder marked "Microsoft Games".
Double click on that.
Now you have a folder Flight Simulator.
Double click on that.
Laid out are all the simulator folders.

Radar

Thanks a million I am finally up and running!

you have all been a great help but especially you Radarman! I really apprecite it!

Until next time!

Best Regards and Merry Christmas,

ROB

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's great news, I don't know how it happened in the first place but all is ok now sounds fantastic.
Enjoy and thanks for letting us know. 👍

Radar

AMERICAN Guest

I HAVE THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM WITH THE ACONTAIN.DLL FILE HOW CAN I FIX IT

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here, I uploaded mine for you.
Just follow the instructions that are in the rest of the thread.
Let us know how you do.

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1FH8DIFXSEJRA1WF1R09TBGGX0

Radar

american Guest

Thanks Radarman , but unfortunately I still have the problem because there are 17 other dll files than wouldn't load. The acontain.dll message is gone but i still need the other 17 files. I think i'll install FS on a friends laptop and extract the files with a pen drive to replace them in my computer. I hope this works. I'll let you know the results.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

[quote="american"]Thanks Radarman , but unfortunately I still have the problem because there are 17 other dll files than wouldn't load. The acontain.dll message is gone but i still need the other 17 files. I think i'll install FS on a friends laptop and extract the files with a pen drive to replace them in my computer. I hope this works. I'll let you know the results.[/quote

Sorry you have so many missing. This may be a shortcut for you.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11845/here-is-complete-list-of-what-is-on-each-fs9-disk/
Let us know how you do.

Radar

american Guest

Radarman , I am flying now on FS9 . Thanks for your help . Now i have to set up my graphics because it's running a little slow. Ive just installed an ATI x1300 256 mb AGP with a new 19" LCD .Do you know why i'm having this issue. Does the monitor reponse time has something to do .

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

We can tell better if you give us your full system specs.
You have a medium price card that should give you good performance depending on the rest of the computer.

Radar

american Guest

I hace a " classic " 2000
Dell Dimension 4100
PIII 866mhz
512 RAM
Win XP
200 GB HD
ATI Radeon X1300 256 MB

What's you suggestion ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your CPU is low, your card is medium and you could use more ram.
Saying that, lower the clouds as much as you can stand, the same with scenery, autogen and traffic.
Shut off textures, water, and shadows.
What you want to do is channel as much of your computer power into flying as possible.
To help stretch the ram try using this program.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2948/fsautostart-v11/
Sorry, I can't see why the LCD would be a problem.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

What issues are you having with your monitor?

The response time should't make any difference with FS...... thats to do with picture quality while watching DVDs Etc.

Kenn Guest

Same Problem, I need a new ACONTAIN.DLL file..... Microsoft hasn't been of any help either... Please!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Kenn wrote:

Same Problem, I need a new ACONTAIN.DLL file..... Microsoft hasn't been of any help either... Please!

Click at bottom of page (free). Please don't delete it, leave it up for others.

http://rapidshare.de/files/19102670/ACONTAIN.DLL.zip.html
Radar

capt hende Guest

Hey there
Im haveing the same problem with the Acontain.dll ive got a new one from a friend and put it in to the modules folder and delted the CFG but still no change?
Cheers
John

murjax Guest

Will you stop posting in topics over a year old?

beavis69 Guest

not sure why dipshit murjax is having an issue with people asking for help. here it is 15 yrs later and i am having the same answer so piss murjax if the problem exists does not matter how old he topic is. 

for the record none of the links work (not surorising given the elapsed time.) anyone have a working link of a good acontain.dll.

not sure what happened with mine, 4 days ago the sim worked fine. computer has been off the whole 4 days and now today i get all these error messages and i think juts fixing the acontain werror will fix all the others.

thnks for the replies except murjax you can fuck yourself.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...