Yay! First 747 flight

Finally got enough practice with the 737 to move up to the 747. Made an IFR flight from San Francisco to JFK International, and no major problems. Only mistakes I can tell I made were having too much fuel on board (had to "dump" before landing Embarassed ), and apparently it wasn't happy about 5 degrees of flaps when I was still doing 230 knots. Things did get a little scary when the Cessna Skyhawk I had heard on the radio was on final to the same runway I was just cleared for. Somehow I don't think real ATC makes it so that you fly a 747 under a Cessna and have it clear your windshield by some 50 feet 😳. I was going to be ticked if there was a midair, but I missed him. I also don't think a real Cessna would handle the wake turbulence of a 747 under the same conditions! Maybe next time I'll try going overseas 😎 .

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
FLY AWAY Guest

WOW WELL DONE NEXT DOWNLOAD A CONCORDE AND FLY THAT PAL IF U THINK A 747 IS HARD FLY AND LAND CONCORDE CORRRECTLY.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Finally got enough practice with the 737 to move up to the 747. Made an IFR flight from San Francisco to JFK International, and no major problems. Only mistakes I can tell I made were having too much fuel on board (had to "dump" before landing Embarassed ), and apparently it wasn't happy about 5 degrees of flaps when I was still doing 230 knots. Things did get a little scary when the Cessna Skyhawk I had heard on the radio was on final to the same runway I was just cleared for. Somehow I don't think real ATC makes it so that you fly a 747 under a Cessna and have it clear your windshield by some 50 feet 😳. I was going to be ticked if there was a midair, but I missed him. I also don't think a real Cessna would handle the wake turbulence of a 747 under the same conditions! Maybe next time I'll try going overseas 😎 .

👏 Well done, its not an easy beast to fly!

Fun flying 😉

Pro Member First Officer
rickypig112 First Officer

how do you dump fuel on FS9

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

rickypig112 wrote:

Here is a dump fuel gauge to add to your aircraft. Some come with them build it, usually pay-ware.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=dump+fuel&CatID=fs2004gau&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
crash_deplane Trainee

rickypig112 wrote:

I cheated. I went into the fuel and payload menu and reduced the fuel until it was below the maximum landing weight. Not elegant, but it worked.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...