More help needed!

Pro Member Trainee
deKoven Trainee

Well, I picked up a package for the Maule (mumble, mumble) and even though I've done everything it says to do I can't find the planes in the plane list. File names are m7260_v1 and _11 ! !!!

Can anyone help me get these to show? ??? ❓

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Blink Umm... ❓ Errr um What ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Help! Uh right, could you please give us something to work on, the zip file name and the site where you downloaded it from would be a help.
If it's not a 2004 craft that could be your problem. Dont Know

Pro Member Trainee
watersprite Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

Help! Uh right, could you please give us something to work on, the zip file name and the site where you downloaded it from would be a help.
If it's not a 2004 craft that could be your problem. Dont Know

The Maule M-7-260 is single engine plane that comes with several landing gear configurations. It's really quite nice. It can be obtained here:

http://www.fsnordic.net/

Go to the file library, and put "Maule" in the search engine. A few different files will be available for download. The main file is 60 MB, and the extras (patches and liveries) are pretty small.

In any event, I have this package installed, and everything is fine. If deKoven could give us more details, perhaps we could help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

watersprite,
After the last time you mentioned it I went there and downloaded it, with 2 fix's.
It's a beauty (thanks) but is that the one he downloaded, there are others on Avsim.

Pro Member Trainee
watersprite Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

watersprite,
After the last time you mentioned it I went there and downloaded it, with 2 fix's.
It's a beauty (thanks) but is that the one he downloaded, there are others on Avsim.

Hi RadarMan

In his post, deKoven mentions "m7260_v1 and _11", which are the very files of the Maule I'm thinking of. Except for a couple of M-7s for fs2000 on Avsim, most of what I see there are repaints for the above mentioned plane by Mikko Maliniemi.

Pro Member Trainee
deKoven Trainee

Precisely, the files are (as stated in first post) M7260_v1.zip and M7260_11.zip which I installed as per instructions in packages. I now have 9 folders in .\Aircraft called Maule (various) but none of the Maule planes show in FS2004. Looking at the picture ==

it is reasonable apparent that not all of the folders are "planes" and some, such as the docs, panels and sounds should be inside a Maule folder. Any help?[/u]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'll have to delete mine (to see how it loads) and reload it, I'll get back to you (much) later today.

Pro Member Trainee
deKoven Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

I'll have to delete mine (to see how it loads) and reload it, I'll get back to you (much) later today.

Oh, Please! Don't! It's working! I haven't a clue what I did but I've been tootling around the skies in a Maule. Seems a little skittish for me for the time being but there are several other planes like that also. They just want to wander all over and I have to constantly trim and adjust to get level flight. They look real nice though.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

deKoven wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Oh, Please! Don't! It's working! I haven't a clue what I did but I've been tootling around the skies in a Maule. Seems a little skittish for me for the time being but there are several other planes like that also. They just want to wander all over and I have to constantly trim and adjust to get level flight. They look real nice though.

deKoven.
Nice of you but I like to "tinker" around. It loaded and showed and I'm pleased that you have it showing and running.
I deleted mine again when I realized that it took almost 300mb, my drive is getting too overloaded for one aircraft to take all that space, enjoy!

👍

Pro Member Trainee
deKoven Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

deKoven.
Nice of you but I like to "tinker" around. It loaded and showed and I'm pleased that you have it showing and running.
I deleted mine again when I realized that it took almost 300mb, my drive is getting too overloaded for one aircraft to take all that space, enjoy!

👍

Hmmm, I'm putting in a 250 gig hard drive over next weekend. I'll have another to put in when I can gather all the files to restore the system. PERHAPS then I'll have enough room for some of these games. Train Sim also is a huge space eater. Oh, woe is me! Why DID I get involved with these sim games?

Twisted Evil

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

LOL Know what you mean.....

All my TrainSim does is crash when I change views....MS teck needs to be shot...They suck.....I got it better myself be changing from 8X to 3D......Still crashes but not as often....I'm tired of sending reports to them....LOL

Oooooppppppssss....Sorry.....Wrong forum.....lol

Pro Member Trainee
deKoven Trainee

harleyman wrote:

LOL Know what you mean.....

All my TrainSim does is crash when I change views....MS teck needs to be shot...They suck.....I got it better myself be changing from 8X to 3D......Still crashes but not as often....I'm tired of sending reports to them....LOL

Oooooppppppssss....Sorry.....Wrong forum.....lol

Oh, but I dumped MS Train Sim a couple years ago. I'm working with Auran Trainz Sim now. Does and is all that MSTS tried to be. New update coming out Pretty Soon Now™ (and FREE) which will be the much anticipated passenger scheduling/fixes and so forth.

And in addition, most of the Auran staff, including the CEO, are active on their forums (running to 10,000 members now). A more helpful, friendly group I'd be hard put to dup anywhere else on the web.

Just my $0.00000002 worth! Yes

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I tried the Auran demo once a year or two back and was impressed with it.
I have the MS Sim but unloaded it, I bloated the file so I deleted it and went to FS9, it's file is only 8.46 GB. 🙄

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...