freeware...depth (in panels)

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i downloaded a306-v3-hnac.zip yesterday, and frankly i think it's wonderful. i've been using it with the project fokker aircraft (no idea why, but it seems to suit Wacko ).it doesn;t allll work, but it's still awesome to use. i did have to modify it - i made the bitmaps to 256colour so it doesn;t kill framerates (and there was no change in quality - you couldn;t tell if i paid you).

so anyway yes, go download it! it's brilliant! (the the fokkers, they're awesome too)

i have a question too of course, does anyone else know of panels with such depth? electronics, air con, the computer works, there's variable night lighting, tcas...it goes on and on, it's stunning. i can;t find any other freeware panels that come close, so any ideas??

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry hinch, I can't answer your question, there are some incredible panels out there, the type you're looking for I'm sure, but to pull these things out of the human memory bank is not always easy on demand.
Also, being aware that you are particular and won't settle for second best, I'd feel embarrassed to suggest something that you've already checked out and regard as inferior.

In any case, that panel looks great and I'm downloading it now - thanks for the file name ❗

hinnchoo Guest

teehee, i'm so petty.

that panel is awesome though, do you like it?

i don't mind going for payware, but the only one that interests me is the do328 from eaglesoft coming soon 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Give a man time to catch his breath... I've got the file but haven't installed it yet. Tomorrow I'll try your little trick and put it in the Fokkers.
It'd better work or I'll come down on you like a ton of bricks! 😀

All right, no doubt you're familiar with greg737.zip ? Used to and still is very popular... Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Have you seen this panel, hinch? It's for the MD-11.

http://www.acsoft.ch/Flight_Simulator/ACS-MD11-PANEL/acs-md11-panel.html

The quality of it is impressive! Drool

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

hehe i hvae nowt to do in college mate! i have that md-11 panel downloaded, but i've never used it, i shall give it a whirl in a bit.

oo yeh i've searched for greg737.zip and i can; get hold of it on avsim, surclaro or on google eeep,it sounds intriguing...

edit:mmk i found it.i've got that on the default 737 from aages ago. i like the look of the super 80 fromflight 1...the semi analog gauges excite me somehow...oh dear 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain

The Greg737 is a great and simple panel. I learnt to fly the big jets using that panel 😉

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Thanks hinch. Checked your site out will have to add to my favorites just to keep an eye out.

hinchypooples Guest

i was finishing off a new gauge last night, it's just a pfd based on the 737...700? the purple glass ones anyway. it just looks cool. i've used the same font and colour matched it and what not so it's all groovy.

i'm also making an avindyne style one.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

If you haven't seen this one yet, check it out:

iFly 747-400 V1.0.0.0 for FS2004. Extreme detailed cockpit with fully simulated FMC. Complete TCAS simulation with audio and visual TA and RA system. Fully simulated Inertial Reference System. 90% of 3D fully operational buttons in VC mode. 3 model configuration for better performance.

This is a complete package of course, but if you like the panel, you can always keep it and ditch the rest.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=fly74710.zip&Author=&CatID=root

Pro Member Chief Captain

Is this one better than the POSKY one?

I've heard the flight dynamics are really bad 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Is this one better than the POSKY one?

I've heard the flight dynamics are really bad 😕

I assume you're referring to the a/c rather than the panel Agus. I've installed the package twice and twice it crashed my system. So I managed to take off only once - never reached cruising alt.. Have ditched it for good now. Wall Bashing

BTW, the MD-11 panel from acsoft - have you ever installed it? I'd really like to know. There is the longest readme file I have ever seen and you can download all kinds of extra voices and 'musics' - have no idea what they do, but would like to share experiences.
Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain

I don't have the MD-11 panel installed, but a few members of my VA do have it installed. What kind of voices and musics are they? I can look for some information about that panel, if you want.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Have a look at the very bottom of this page ➡ http://www.acsoft.ch/Flight_Simulator/ACS-MD11-PANEL/acs-md11-panel.html
it says:

DONĀ“T MISS ADDITIONAL VOICES AND MUSICS
DOWNLOADABLE HERE

This will take you to the 'Swiss Air Package' page for FS2002. The sounds and 'musics' of course should be fine in fs9.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

More panels you might want to check out if you haven't already done so hinch:

tungv1.zip and the patch tungv1a.zip by Targan UNUTMAZ. Check out some of his other work also.
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Targan+UNUTMAZ&CatID=root&Go=Search

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=tungv1.zip&FileName=&Author=&CatID=fs2004pan

Read

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...