AIRCRAFT CARRIERS?

Pro Member Trainee
JPA70 Trainee

Are there any carriers in FS2004? 😳 If so will someone please tell me where they are located.
Thanks,
Jeff 😂

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Download and install this, it's fantastic looking, I have it.
sdvfr.zip
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2830/fs2004-san-diego-vfr-scenery/

I also think there is one just off the Golden Gate Bridge In San Francisco.

3rd from the bottom, it's 2002 scenery, I'm not positive that it will work in 2004.

(dead link removed)

Last edited by RadarMan on Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

OK I went there and found no carriers........

Am I just stupid as He......... Or just blind?????

Whats up RadarMan????????

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

harleyman wrote:

OK I went there and found no carriers........

Am I just stupid as He......... Or just blind?????

Whats up RadarMan????????

Harleyman,
Just a misunderstanding, sometimes I speak in shorthand, I'm always in a hurry. Dont Know
They are just links to downloads. Yes

The first (Avsim) is a link to a scenery download of San Diego's new Carrier Museum and other assorted items, really nice. Clap

The second SF Golden Gate is a statement about the carrier that's there. In fact someone just uploaded 3 screen shots (2004 gallery) in the photo section. 👍

The third is a download of 18 (I believe) carriers that will be placed around the world when loaded into the sim. Bow Down

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

I see.......................I want Carriers.....LOL

Charlieoneseven Guest

Try the flight deck III software, you'll get 4 carriers in different parts of the world and "arrestor cables" an accessory that when running with FS2004 will give you cat launches and something to stop with if you and I do mean IF you can set her down on that deck 🙄 I like having that extra list of A/C to go fly anywhere without all the whiteknuckeling from carrier ops.

Good luck!

Tim Merrell Guest

RadarMan-
As the designer of SDVFR.zip, I'd like to thank you for the kind words. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tim Merrell wrote:

RadarMan-
As the designer of SDVFR.zip, I'd like to thank you for the kind words. 😀

👍 Tim, I want to thank you for a beautiful piece of work but most of all it is simple to add to FS9.
The trouble with too many of the sceneries and mostly the PAI is that it is just a push ahead of the average "player" to install.
I downloaded something once and the read-me said "you know how to install this", I didn't, I was very new to the Sim.
I have "Ultimate Traffic" because the "light bulb" hasn't blinked in my brain yet when it comes to adding AI traffic. I sit with KBFI only having 4 aircraft because I can't catch the install of TTools, one day it will come easy but until then...

flameboy479 Guest

i need a free carrier with arrestor cables. The san francisco carrier is good, but I can't stop with it. I also am broke. so i can't buy any carrier packs or anything. Does any one know where i can get a carrier with the works for free?

Air Chf Mshl Guest

There is a Carrier located in San Fransisco, take off from San fransisco, fly runway heading for about 2 or 3 mins. and then look out of the right window, there should be a dark ship, that is a small Carrier.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Air Chf Mshl wrote:

There is a Carrier located in San Fransisco, take off from San fransisco, fly runway heading for about 2 or 3 mins. and then look out of the right window, there should be a dark ship, that is a small Carrier.

If you are going to bump up a six and a half year old post... at the very least you could be expected to read the whole thread. This way you may be able to contribute something pertinent.

Wall Bashing Wall Bashing Wall Bashing Wall Bashing Wall Bashing Wall Bashing Wall Bashing Wall Bashing

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...