Removing built-in airlines in FS2004 question

Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

How would I go about removing the Landmark, Orbit, Pacific Airways, Soar, etc. airlines that come with FS2004?

I should probably be posting this in Microsoft's boards, but I've had lots of good responses from you guys and I'll bet I'm not the only one wanting to do this here. I have Ultimate Traffic installed; just so you're warned in advance.

My reason for removing those built-in airlines is to make my flying seem a little more realistic. If I were flying in real-life I know I wouldn't see or hear about these airlines. Also it would help cut down a bit of the traffic at the airports.

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I'm surprised by your question. When I was using UT, all my airports were populated by appropriate real-world airlines.

Pro Member First Officer

They are for me also, but I am still seeing quite a few of the built-in airlines. And they're taking up some of the gates that the other airlines would need. Like this morning the United 875 flight to Narita is normally at gate N9 at KSEA (I know this because I did x-ray scanning of the checked baggage for that flight), but there was a Global a/c there instead.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Boy this is a difficult one. You can try maybe removing the textures and information from the Aircraft.cfg file for things that you fly, like the 747, '37, '77, and then just delete the MD-88 and Dash-80 files, those are only AI.

Be careful and BACKUP before you try my crazy-assed idea 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain

Blink Dont Know Unsure

Well that means I'm not going to be much help since I stopped using UT because my system was getting a bit sluggish with it.

Hopefully someone still using it can suggest a solution.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Well that means I'm not going to be much help since I stopped using UT because my system was getting a bit sluggish with it.

Did you try to drop the traffic %? I tried that, but got mad because I somehow wanted a "All-or-nothing" deal with it. I suppose when I get the new PC I'll try again and see how it goes Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Blink Dont Know Unsure

It may be time to reinstall Windows. Have you tried http://www.ccleaner.com/ .
Go to www.pcpitstop.com and run the free full test and spend some time reading the results.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Boy this is a difficult one. You can try maybe removing the textures and information from the Aircraft.cfg file for things that you fly, like the 747, '37, '77, and then just delete the MD-88 and Dash-80 files, those are only AI.

Be careful and BACKUP before you try my crazy-assed idea 😳

I was thinking to try that. I just might do it because I've noticed that FS2004 is using some of the aircraft I've installed. It even started using an airline name I put in using EditVoicePack. Was a bit surprised to see a couple of MithAir flights when I can't even get that to show on the a/c I want to use it with.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Use the PAI traffic remover here

http://www.projectai.com/packages/installer.php

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

You can go into the root file of your FS/Scenery/World/ scenery file and remove your traffic bgl ( do a backup first) then you´re rid of the default airlines 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Blink Dont Know Unsure

It may be time to reinstall Windows. Have you tried http://www.ccleaner.com/ .
Go to www.pcpitstop.com and run the free full test and spend some time reading the results.

Radar

Did all that. Needed to defrag the drive. My problem is I keep putting off getting more RAM.

why don't you just delete the files from fs9's main aircraft directory

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Change them with this d/load ➡

FS2004 Euro B737-400 AI Replacement Pack Replacement for the default B737's American Pacific, Landmark, Orbit, Pacifica, and World Travel with European ailines - Air France, British Airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Luftansa, and Virgin Express. They are all flyable and will be replacement's for the default B737 AI aircraft. By Tony Potter. 2.2MB

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004jets7.htm

FS2004 B747-400 AI Replacement Pack Replacement for the default B747's Landmark, Soar, Pacifica, and World Travel with Air France, British Airways, Northwest, and Qantas. They are all flyable and will be replacement's for the default B747 AI aircraft. By Tony Potter. 1.9MB

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004jets10.htm

😉

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks Tom, I'll try those downloads, but I'm more interested in deleting the aircraft so they don't take up space at the gates and on the taxiway. I'll 'archive' the planes and see what that does. If FS2004 doesn't like what I did I'll put these files you mentioned in.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

sylvan wrote:

Use the PAI traffic remover here

http://www.projectai.com/packages/installer.php

Did you miss this post?

It will do what your after

Pro Member First Officer

I did see that post and ran the commercial traffic remover. Nothing happended.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Should have added that you need the PAI installer. As stated earlier you could rename the default traffic file traffic030528.bgl to .lgb or something. You should find this in FS9/Scenery/World/Scenery

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

download the repaints you want for the default aircraft and have them overwrite the old ones. then get in the config and change 'orbit' to 'lufthansa' or something under atc_airline i think it is.

Pro Member First Officer

sylvan wrote:

Should have added that you need the PAI installer. As stated earlier you could rename the default traffic file traffic030528.bgl to .lgb or something. You should find this in FS9/Scenery/World/Scenery

I saw this file, traffic030528.bgl, in the folder. Is that where all the built-in flights are located? May not even wait for a response. As soon as I land at KDFW from KLFT in my sweet Cirrus I'll move that file elsewhere and see what happens.

Pro Member First Officer

Well, I removed traffic030528.bgl and lost all my GA traffic along with those airliners. I really would like to keep the GA traffic. Isn't there something out there to edit bgl files? That way I could go through it and remove everything I don't want.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Look over this free program.

http://www.molitor-home.de/fs/AITM/

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...